rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Pat:

How do we know what groups have been started. Pat

Pat, I don't know if there is a formal list anywhere, but I know Thea started one for Christmas All Year Long, Barbara started one for Fabric Swaps, and then someone also started a general one.  If you would like to add me as a friend on FB, I would be happy to invite you to any or all of them.  I am a member of all 3.  You can find me on FB by searching for my full name, which is Carolyn Deans Beaudot.

Cheers,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,455
Yvonne replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:01 AM

So sorry to hear about Kristin.  Hope you feel better SOON!  We'll be waiting here when you get back.

I don't post here very often, but I DO read the messages.  This has been a fun group:  I hope it continues.  

I'm on Facebook too:  Yvonne Hartung Hamilton.  I'm going to go see if I can find you, Carolyn.....

Renton Washington

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:38 AM

I would love you too add me Carolyn.   Thanks so much. Pat

Pat   From Canada

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Sure, Pat.  Can you find me on FB first?  I can only add you if I can find you.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Has anyone heard from Kinsey?  My gift to her was delivered on Thursday, although today is actually her birthday. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

I have not, Brigit-Carol. I did send her a note, asking her to check in with us, but have not heard back from her. I will keep trying. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:31 PM

My gift to her was also delivered this week, on Wednesday, I think, but I haven't heard a word from her.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Oh, good grief!  It doesn't look like she's posted anything since December 20, 2012.  Carolyn, do you have an e-mail address to get in touch with her? 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:37 AM

Brigit-Carol:

Oh, good grief!  It doesn't look like she's posted anything since December 20, 2012.  Carolyn, do you have an e-mail address to get in touch with her? 

Brigit-Carol,I have it. PM me.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

I don't have an email from her.  That level of detail wasn't collected at the startup.  IF this group continues into 2014, I will propose to collect emails and phone numbers for each participant to help avoid this situation in the future.  

I know some members have been having connectivity issues.  If she uses IE, it's possible that she tried to log on for a while, failed repeatedly, and then gave up.  If you would like to email her personally, please consider that something like that may be the cause of her lack of contact.  If you don't want to email her, I would be happy to do so on behalf of the group of us.  Just let me know.  I want to do everything I can and I would have emailed her already if I'd had that level of contact information.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:18 PM

retraction

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:09 PM

Retraction

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Well, I certainly wish I had gotten that PM!  I am in groups 4 & 5, and she is in group 5.  Just curious what group you sent the PMs to? 

Karla, I am with you -- my birthday is in September and I have a feeling disappointment is on the horizon.  Of the 8 gifts I've sent so far only 4 have bothered to respond.  It's not so much a "thank you" I'm wanting but just mutual contact.  Ah well, live and learn. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:47 AM

OK, this is so wrong. I am so sorry I every even thought of this. YOU can merely SEND A CARD. It was your choice to send a "nice fat quarter bundle". I thought this was about giving....not receiving. I know I have also said some things I am ashamed of. We all should be. Why is it NOT right to send if the member hasn't been on the site? Why do we not send , if we don't receive?  Come on, Ladies, we all signed up to give a gift/card (your choice) to remember a birthday of another.

Do you know, that the reason I stopped heading this up was because I was receiving very hateful messages from some in the group?? Do you know that Kristin was receiving what she considered "hate mail". I told Carol that she is crazy to continue this next year. My DH got so tired of seeing me cry with every hateful message that he has put his foot down. I can not participate in swap groups,, anymore. He wants me to leave QCA all together. I refuse, cause many among us are such wonderful, sweet, caring ladies. There are a few rotten apples in every basket. Pray about this. I did and God answered me. Life is not about getting...it is about giving. I read a Bible verse last night that was a true  "V8" moment from God. He thumped me upside the head with it. "If you love those, who love you. What credit is that? Even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that?  For even sinners do the same. But, if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount". Luke 26: 31-34. 

So lets suck it up and just do what we agreed to do. I learned a valuable lesson about myself. I gave this all up to God last night. I prayed a prayer of forgiveness and ask Him to pray a blessing on those who, I feel, have wronged me.

Now, let's quit our bitc**ing and get on with life,

Sukochi

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Hi Ladies, 

I just want to say that I'm very sorry that I can't be of more help with this, but poor Kristin is hospitalized and I just want to remind everyone to please leave  Kristin out of these discussions.  I am stepping in for Kristin and will be the official leader moving forward, but unfortunately, I am not aware of any of the conversations that took place prior to mid-July.  I also don't have contact information for any members beyond their physical mailing addresses.  

I do want to do everything I can to help.  I did send a card to Kinsey prior to her birthday, wishing her a happy birthday and asking her to be sure to log on and check in with us and say thank you for any cards and/or gifts received.  After sending, I remembered about all the problems IE users have been having.  I remember a lot of people with IE just can't get on.  So it's entirely possible that she has tried and just not been able to access the site.  It's also possible that she just flaked out on us.  In the future, I'm planning to mail a card to all members prior to their birthday and I will provide them with my personal phone number and email address in case anyone is having connectivity issues that I can help with.  I can't control the risk that some people might just flake out.

I think we all have to realize that that is a chance we take when we sign up for something like this.  None of us can force anyone to log on and say thank you and we can't force anyone to send gifts or cards.  I will plan to make an attempt to get in touch with members about a month prior to their birthday.  If I don't hear anything back, I'll let the group know and you can all decide on your own how you would like to handle it.  At least that way, you guys can have some confirmation about whether the girls in your group have completely fallen off the face of the earth or not.

I hope this helps.  I hope you all will come to me with any problems that I can help with and leave Kristin out of this.  QCA Mandy is working on making me the official leader and I'll update the information on the group page once that's done, but for now, please know that you can come to me and I promise I will do everything in my power to resolve the problem, through unfortunately, my powers in this scenario are somewhat limited! 

All the best,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Page 13 of 18 (258 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use