I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 4:20 PM

Debbie you presents are very nice, I love the flag and I have wondered what mug rugs look like.  Happy Belated Birthday.

Joyce

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:44 PM

Thank you, love everything I got.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

OK, I finally got my hard drive fixed and here are the birthdays surprises I got from Karla and Brigit-Carol. I can't thank you both enough for the wonderful gifts. 

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 3:49 PM

I got a Mailbox Surprise, today. and, though  had a PM from Yvonne this a.m, I forgot, again, that my birthday is this week. Couldn't figure out what in the world that envelope could hold, except I had ordered a t-shirt recently. Nope, it was the best present!! Carolyn sent me these great gifts. How sweet you are!  I will sure take the lucky strips for strip poker, and the cards will be put to good use as well. I was thinking whle in a quilt shop this past week that these, little squares would be great for making a tiny twister quilt. Am jazzed about that. We def. needed the magnetic note pad. Ours went AWOL. And the fabrics are just beautiful. Love them both. You are such a dear sweet thing!

Sure wish you were coming to the retreat with us. Maybe, next year.

Thanks again Carolyn. I love it ALL :D

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740

Sukochi, I'm glad you liked everything.  I put it together pretty early and had it all sealed up and ready to go in the pre-paid envelope and then a few days later, I saw a post from you that you were not going to play any games at the retreat!  I remember thinking that I needed to pull out the strips and maybe the cards and re-write my card to you and wondering if I could do all this and still somehow use the same envelope (since the postage was pre-paid)... lol.  Luckily, the girls on the retreat thread twisted your arm and got you to change your mind pretty quickly before I re-did everything.  :)

I hope you have a great time at the retreat.  I'm so sad that I'm missing it.  Next year, for sure!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I got my birthday surprise today. Very unexpected. Thank you so much Wendy. I love the fabric. The card is so pretty and I'm so pleased with the angle. Thank you so so much.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:03 PM

Jacy, thank you SO much for remembering my birthday!  You gave me wonderful gifts.  You must have read my mind a little while back when I almost bought a 'seam-fix' but ended up putting it back on the rack!  It's already packed for the Smokey Mtn retreat!  The fabrics are beautiful.  Thank you for everything :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:51 PM

I got a mailbox surprise from Yvonne today. Oh, how nice is this. Yvonne thank you so much.

I have a story to tell about tea towels. My sister sent me one from Harrods in London once. Silly me!, I used it as a tea towel. Well?? Then we were wondering in an antique shop and there was my tea towel, framed, and with at $50.00 price tag!! Perhaps, I will FRAME this one.

Check out my goodies. A book on half yard quilts, a notions bag (which by the way i LOVE), and the $50.00 tea towel. ;D

Thank so much, Carolyn and Yvonne for making my birthday So special.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,535
Yvonne replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:24 PM

Glad you like the goodies!  I made about 24 of those zippered pouches, for my quilting group's 1st anniversary.  Okay, maybe 25 'cause YOU got one!  lol   The tea towel is one of several we got while in New Zealand.  I thought they are much too interesting to use for wiping towels.  Glad you like it!

Renton Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:57 AM

My mailbox surprise from Karen came while I was at the Smoky Mountain retreat.  What fun to have a present waiting for me. Sorry it's taken so long to post this, Karen, but I'm just coming up for air!  I got home Monday evening and back to work Tuesday morning.  Looks like you had fun on your shop hop!  Thank you so much for thinking of me in every store...  WoW!  You really outdid yourself.  I especially love that panel!  The popcorn bags are a really cute idea.  Did they give those out at each shop?  Thank YOU Karen for remembering my birthday!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 12:12 PM

Oh my gosh, Ms. Do. look at all the goodies. Looks like the shop hops we went to! Tell me more about the popcorn bags. Inquiring minds what to know. I could take that panel off your hands. It is SO me. Well, it is SO you, too. But, you have more fabric then I do. This could help even up the field!

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:38 AM

I got my mailbox surprise from Joyce.   Thank you so much Joyce.   I love the beautiful pillowcases you made and the fabric is just so perfect.  Thank you again.  Pat

Pat   From Canada

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 11:58 AM

Barbara I got my gift.  Thank you so much.  Loved the beautiful bag you made.  Will get lots of use out of it.  Got lots of ideas for the charm pkg and material.   Maybe will try and make a handbag.  And the card, that is the coolest a tree named after me.  That is so neat.   Thank you again you made my day.   Pat. (Sorry I didn't post on weekend couldn't get on site). 

Pat   From Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 12:27 PM

Pat happy to hear it all arrived safely,  No one could get on most of weekend ,Check out Face book we have opened some groups up there as back up when the site goes down.    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 11:37 PM

How do we know what groups have been started. Pat

Pat   From Canada

Page 12 of 18 (258 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use