I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:39 PM

Wow! You all ROCK! I love, love, love, everything I received! Pat, I just cant' take out the stitches, it's pretty on the hanger! This work of art will have a place in my sewing room! Debbie, turtles are my favorite! Every room in my house has a reminder of turtles, and I'll be able to incorporate this piece in a small quilt for the kids room. Jean, LOVE the color, very bright, and Brandy--where did you find these greens! They're beautiful! And so many other things I received, I'll treasure them all. Thank you soooo much for thinking of me and making my birthday special. (PS, I also received some hand needles, but they fell behind the box,LOL!)

Brandy - what's the bra and pantaloons, I would call them?  what are they made of?  who made that and can you send me the pattern, that is so cute!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,500
Christine replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:26 PM

Debbie, the 'bra and pantaloons' were from Pat Badder!  Aren't they the cutest things you ever saw?????  :)

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Debbie:

Wow! You all ROCK! I love, love, love, everything I received! Pat, I just cant' take out the stitches, it's pretty on the hanger! This work of art will have a place in my sewing room! Debbie, turtles are my favorite! Every room in my house has a reminder of turtles, and I'll be able to incorporate this piece in a small quilt for the kids room. Jean, LOVE the color, very bright, and Brandy--where did you find these greens! They're beautiful! And so many other things I received, I'll treasure them all. Thank you soooo much for thinking of me and making my birthday special. (PS, I also received some hand needles, but they fell behind the box,LOL!)

Brandy - what's the bra and pantaloons, I would call them?  what are they made of?  who made that and can you send me the pattern, that is so cute!

Hi All,

I thought the bra and pantaloons were cute too. I do not have the pattern, as I bought it at one of my Beta Sigma Phi Sorority functions. I know it was put together with three kitchen towels sewn together. I know the gal who made it and I will see if I can get the pattern from her and than post it here if you are all interested in making it.

Pat b

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:05 PM

Karen, I received your gift yesterday, Thank you!  Cute handmade card, Wonderful scented candles and a very pretty holder for them, some VERY Spicy dip mix (great idea to send a little Texas item, and by the way,my DH loves super spicy). And I just love that black fabric, I use a lot of black and that's a great one. So again, Thank you, thank you, you brightened my day!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 525
Deloris replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:57 PM

I got my Mailbox surprise from Karla Simmons today, Thanks Karla. Love the batiks, patterns, note cards and nice card. Will try to get pictures of my birthday surprises from Brigit-Carol, and Wendy Emprey,

Thanks to you all!!! Hope this gets posted in the right place. ;-)

Deloris

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Kristen, you have me in tears!!! I just checked my mail and I got your package!! I cannot thank you enough for my presents!!! I am truly humbled and thankful!! I can't tell you how many times I had thought to buy the binding tool! I love quilting, but MAN that binding can kill a girl! And the books!!! Wow. I am speechless! 

I pray many many blessings in return for the work you are doing for this group! It made this far too busy single mom feel incredibly special on a day that usually passes with little to no notice.

Brandy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Debbie - I tried getting a good mix of greens in there for you! I was thinking art quilts while shopping for you for some reason. I hope you had an amazing birthday!! (I didn't send the bra and pantaloons, but they definitely are cute!!)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:28 PM

Deloris,

I got my mailbox surprise today:

Thank you for the gifts. They are wonderful. I love the stiletto!! Did you make it? The thread clippers are very nice, and the charm pack has such pretty fall coloring.

I love fall prints.  

I am soo glad that you finely got all the bugs figured out on the web site. I wish I lived closer so I could have  came and helped you.  If there is something else that you can't figure out I might be able to walk you through it.

God bless and Thank you

wendy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 8:29 PM

Sukochi,

Oh I'm so sorry.  I forgot to let you know that your wonderful gift arrived.   I love the FQ and the rotary blades will come in handy.  But the best thing of all is that I received one of your wonderful postcards!! It is a great reminder of a great friend.  I absolutely love everything.  Sorry I was so late in posting.  : > 0

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I keep seeing that folks are posting about sending packages on the "I sent" thread, but none are being received?  Only two packages received for the whole month of March?  What's up with that, do you think?   The Post Office is usually pretty quick at delivering -- within a week at the latest.  I hope some of you will initiate searches to find out where your packages got to.  I guess I am in withdrawal as I don't send any out until May so am attempting to enjoy this group vicariously at present and was hoping for pics.

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

Hi Everyone! Hello Sukochi, Mimi, Yvonne and Carolyn!!!

April Fools Day is a Yippity Do Dah Kind of Day for me! I got several packages in the mail today- one from Yvonne, one from Mimi and one from Carolyn!! And, one from my Mom too, Thank You!!! And a cute homemade sewn postcard from Sukochi! 

I am wanting to wait until my birthday on Thursday. I hope you all don't mind, but I just feel like I am cheating when I open a gift before my real birthday! I know that at almost 53 years old, I should be willing to break my rules, but you only get one birthday a year! Plus, I'll be at work where My ultra tech nephew can help me post pictures! Perfect! 

Thank you, again! 

PS- Sukochi- your post card is darling! It's in clear cellophane so I got to peek at it:).  I can't wait to see the other Mailbox Surprises!!!!

My husband is always a slacker and waits until my Birthday to find out what I would want instead of surprising me which can get a girl down sometimes, so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart :)

Candace

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,510

WhOOoOoOHoOooOooo, Candace!  Sounds like Thursday is going to be a fun day too!!!!  Glad everything arrived in time--let the celebration begin!!!

Renton Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,377
Points 20,680

Glad you got it!  Can't wait to see pics of all your goodies!!!   Happy birthday in advance!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:37 PM

Glad to hear your celebration week got off to a grand start.  Also thankful to hear my package arrived safely.  Hoping your day as well as your year is wonderful.  Happy, happy birthday Candace.  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

Hi Mailbox Surprise Gals! 

Today is my Birthday and my group really helped to make a cheerful fun day out of working on your birthday away from home! I brought the packages with me to work and I am so glad I did. Thank you so much, so far I've gotten surprises from Mimi, Yvonne and Carolyn and Sukochi. My hubby tells me there is more at home! I won't see it until Friday. 

Thank you so much girls- you've made me day! I was overwhelmed, and promise to pass it on and make someone's day today by perhaps paying for their coffee or lunch. 

Sukochi, what a sweet fabric quilt Happy Birthday post card! I will keep it always! Love it! Thank you! 

Mimi- you really surprised me with all the quilting notions and fun little surprises all wrapped up- your ribbons were stuck into the tape on the top of the box, so it was like opening a party in a box! Mimi sent me wonder clips, a mini Primitive Gatherings pattern which looks like a really nice pattern, a pack of needles and who doesn't need needles? I ask you. Aurifil 50 weight thread-love that thread, a nice Quilting magnet, a scented pen for "wilted" quilters-mmmm smells divine and needle grabbers-maybe she knew I was starting to embroider again, a sweet mini notebook-I'll keep in my purse, the cutest Cupcake pincushion. did you make it yourself? ALSO, a beautiful Sukura Park charm pack; I was coveting that fabric, lotion for Sew Soft quilter's hands, and yummy chocolate by Godiva in my favorite favors! Oh, and some Thangles that finish at only 1" !!! Cool, huh? She really made this quilting girl surprised. Mimi, thank you- and, I really can't thank you enough! 

Yvonne sent me the great Pat Sloan's book-" What a Novel Idea"- this is a great book perfect for the charm packs I was sent. She also sent me a lovely "snap bag"- love the colors and inside was a micron pen, and Seattle's Wild Berry Chocolate -delicious-I don't think it will make it to lunch-time! I really liked your birthday post card with Seattle's Needle on the front, I might be going there this summer. Thank you so much for thinking of me on my birthday! 

Carolyn sent me a sweet written birthday card all with Dot's! And not one, not two, but Three Dotted charm packs- these will be fun this weekend, at my all day quilt class, love the fridge notepad too! Thank you, Now I am going to go and fondle my charm packs! 

This has been so much fun!! I can't wait to get home! And, can someone tell me how to post pictures? 

Candace

• Post Points: 35
Page 9 of 18 (258 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use