I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Christine and Pat, so glad you got the packages! Pat, did you get your card as well? That went separately because I forgot to tuck it into the package. 

I apologize if my not posting sooner has caused any ill feelings. This week at work has been atrocious. Three people fired. One in my department. None due to downsizing. All due to poor personal choices. 

Christine, Pat, Bridget-Carol, and Debbie, thank you thank you thank you for the best birthday I think I have ever had. These are the envelopes and cards I was able to find. I am looking to see if I missed anyone, and if I did, please accept my apologies. My sewing area looks like my son might have organized it...with his feet...blind folded. :/ 

i will post again if/when I find more! I love this group and hope to visit a bit more often when things settle down at work and I am not working on 4 charity quilts and 2 baby quilts and a wedding quilt. I am a quilter through  and through!

love and hugs to you all!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:25 AM

I sent Pat, Brandy and Christine's and haven't heard if they got them.

Wow!  Christine said she got hers and I sent Pat and Brandy's out a week before hers.  Darn, now that bothers me that they didn't get theirs.  I apologize, gals!  I sent them regular mail and hubby weighed them and put extra postage.  Please let me know when you get them. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,336
Points 38,860
Mimi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:33 PM

Oh Kristin,

I just have to say that my jaw was down on my knees when I opened your extremely generous b-day present.  How did you know the colors of my new kitchen?  The kit has everything I need to create a beautiful warm quilt.  There's the Civil War reproduction fabric, the pattern, the thread, Tiger-Tape for guidance and 3 flying geese  Bloc-Loc's for squaring up all those HST.  I was not familiar with them but am looking forward to using these specialty rulers.   And of course dark chocolate M & M's to keep me going.  All I need now is the time to cut and sew it.  You are too kind.  But I'm loving the feel of these new luscious fabrics.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I don't think I could say it enough to express how grateful I feel.  You went over the top and then some. And also thanks for being our fearless leader.  You have made my first experience with this so special. Please consider staying with it.  You're doing a great job.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,485
Christine replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:36 PM

Pat, Debbie, Brandy, and Jean!

Wow!  You all ROCK!  I love, love, love, everything I received!  Pat, I just cant' take out the stitches, it's pretty on the hanger! This work of art will have a place in my sewing room!  Debbie, turtles are my favorite!  Every room in my house has a reminder of turtles, and I'll be able to incorporate this piece in a small quilt for the kids room.  Jean, LOVE the color, very bright, and Brandy--where did you find these greens!  They're beautiful!   And so many other things I received, I'll treasure them all.  Thank you soooo much for thinking of me and making my birthday special. (PS, I also received some hand needles, but they fell behind the box,LOL!)

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Kristin... i need you to resend me the group i am in.. my son and his wife came over and helped me out with cleaning cause the cold i thought i got rid of got worse.. i think i overdid it when i went out in the freezing cold to take the bus to go to my quilt guild.. i shoulda just stayed home.. oh i do have a question.. when we send out some packages, we send to those in our group right .. we dont have to send to those in other groups do we???? also i see so many nice packages going to people and i cant afford all that is sent.. i didnt know i had to send that much... this month has been really hard for me with me being ill and falling a few times.. i do have somethings to get out for some belated birthdays this month i think.. if i remember right.. not sure if i missed anyone but as soon as she sends me the addresses i will get something to you.. sorry about the delay..been having a rough month.. hope next month will be better.. You ladies send such nice things and alot of them too... I hope no one is too upset with me .. i feel bad enough.. i looked around for the list i had printed out but i dont know where they put it.. they cleaned things up for me so i dont know where it is.. so if you could please email me them to me please .. thank you and let me know again who is all in my group. i am sorry i hope that what i do send will be ok...

Lisa Fenner

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Christine:

Pat, Debbie, Brandy, and Jean!

Wow!  You all ROCK!  I love, love, love, everything I received!  Pat, I just cant' take out the stitches, it's pretty on the hanger! This work of art will have a place in my sewing room!  Debbie, turtles are my favorite!  Every room in my house has a reminder of turtles, and I'll be able to incorporate this piece in a small quilt for the kids room.  Jean, LOVE the color, very bright, and Brandy--where did you find these greens!  They're beautiful!   And so many other things I received, I'll treasure them all.  Thank you soooo much for thinking of me and making my birthday special. (PS, I also received some hand needles, but they fell behind the box,LOL!)

Wonderful things there Christine.  I had hope my package might arrive before you left on your trip, but I mailed a day late.  It hopefully will be waiting for you upon your return so your birthday celebration will continue. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 11:46 AM

Lisa Fenner:
also i see so many nice packages going to people and i cant afford all that is sent

Please do not feel that you have to send a bunch.  The thought is what counts.  One of my gifts was a card and it made my day. It said just the right thing to me that day.

You only have to send to the people in your group.

God Bless

Wendy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 6,810

Received a wonderful birthday surprise package today from KRISTIN. your package was really awesome it had two kits in it with everything included to make them. One is for a 3 yard quilt, by the way love the colors, and the second had awesome material for a tablerunner, got rotary cutters, paper piecing foundation sheets, wooden paper piecing seam presser, butterfly flathead pins, Beautiful card. Thank you for being our leader in this swap this is my first time in something like this . You are doing a great job keep up the good work. Now here is the picture of everrything received minus the card (forgot to put with items. Thank you again for the wonderful super package.

Pat B

Ps.   Jean still haven't got your package yet, hope it didn't get lost. Did you get a tracking number that you can check on it's whereabouts?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 6,810

Pat Badder:

Ps.   Jean still haven't got your package yet, hope it didn't get lost. Did you get a tracking number that you can check on it's whereabouts?

This is for Debbie not Jean sorry. Let me know if you find out anything, and in the meantime if package arrives at my door i will absolutely let you know.

Pat B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:02 PM

I know I'm not posting this correctly but I can't get on the I got My Mailbox Surprise so giving this a try.  Joyce

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:06 PM

This was my Surprise from Pat Harvey I received today.  Lovely pink FQ's , a pen, a tape measure, a journal and nice card.  Thanks Pat.  My birthday has been continued.  My grandson was so excited he helped me open the package and I had to wait while he opened it all.  He is 19, he liked the pen I told him so do I. ha  What a nice surprise.

Joyce

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:28 PM

Lisa, 

Please do not feel like you have to give as much as in some of these photos.  Not all of us have that much money to spare and it really is the thought that counts.  Any gift in the mail is a good one, even a card.  Just have fun.  Life gets in the way sometimes,  just at the wrong time.  I  hope you are getting well or are well. Take care of yourself.

Denise

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

That's right on, Joyce!  Great work! . . . and a nice surprise package.  YEAH!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:54 PM

Besides my gifts which are great, I love the pink FQ's.   The photo behind is me and my DH and GS from last week when we went to the Balto. Nat'l Aquarium. 

JOyce

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,485
Christine replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:31 PM

Brigit-Carol and Kristen,

Arrived home yesterday from Oklahoma and saw packages I received!  What a wonderful welcome home, and such BEAUTIFUL and THOUGHTFUL things!  I'll post pictures later tonight or tomorrow....Thanks so much!

Page 8 of 18 (258 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use