Anita-Goodesign Embroidery

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B Posted: Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:19 PM

Has anyone any experience with embroidery designs from Anita-Goodesign?  I am signed up for a 2-Day workshop with her this weekend.  Thought it would be a good idea at the time - but now I am wondering if anyone else here has used her designs and how they liked them.

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 2:44 PM

I am in one of their clubs and receive their designs every month, they embroidery out great and they also have their own website and facebook site. Have never been to one of their 2 day workshops. Have gone to the trunk shows that they offered. Most of their design packs have great tutorials on them. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:56 AM

Thanks Ally for your reply! 

I went to the 2-day workshop last weekend.  It wasn't quite what I expected, but I did enjoy it.  (It is always fun to get together and meet new quilters/embroiderers!)

I agree, their designs are well digitized, well organized, and have good tutorials included.  We did have the opportunity to (in groups) stitch out 6 designs and received the 6 designs on CD to take home.  We also received (included in the price of the workshop) a CD with 5 design packages (most were 'older' designs, but still nice and useable).

For anyone interested in getting a quantity of quality designs their Design Clubs are a great way to do that...and at the workshop you get them with many extras thrown in (as incentives) that do lower the over-all price. 

In addition, the workshop I was at was using Brother Quattro embroidery machines and all the machines used at the workshop (brand new at the beginning) were available at a special workshop price that included many extras including Design Clubs.  I lucked out and since one gal in my group bought one of the machines, I got a free design package (everyone in our group did)!

Also, I did pick up a few tips from the Anita Goodesigns Rep on how they do their designs and have them look their best. 

So, my report would be:  If you are looking to buy a quantity of designs and/or a new embroidery machine (do your homework and know the machines they will be using are what you want)  an Anita Goodesigns workshop is a great place to buy what you want at a great price!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 809
Points 12,424
Joan L. replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:37 PM

Donna, Sorry I'm a little late with my reply but, yes I have several Anita Goodesign's and a Quattro machine. I love both Glad you enjoyed your class.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use