Giga hoop??

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 120
mkeener posted on Mon, May 28 2012 5:37 PM

Does anyone have a Janome 350e?  I am looking for a way to embroider larger than 5x7 and have read conflicting reviews of the giga hoop.  Does anyone have any first hand experience they can share - good or bad?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Hi mkeener, welcome to the group!  I don't have a Janome 350e, but thought I would let you know people are out here reading this.  Someone will come along that has an answer for you.  (Both of my machines are Berninas so I am of no help to you at all.)  Good Luck! 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
329 Posts
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 10:28 PM

Hi! I would like to know if the hoop you are talking about is split into three section like the Designer 1 where you have a large design  and the machine will let you know when you have to move the the hoop to a section so the hoop can embroider that section and it is very nice job and I always use a iron on stabilizer because of all the needle work can cause the fabric to weaken and stops the puckering.

I hope this helps

Sue d. Ohio 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

I have a 10001 and I use a giga hoop. It is not for doing larger than 5x7 it is for doing large combined designs that will each fit into the one 5x7 sewing area. Our Janome will not do larger than 5x7 " designs. the giga hoop is OK but the designs don't always match up exactly when you flip around the hoop to do the other side. example was a split clock design I tried to do, the circle never came together for me on the top and bottom. I will admit that was my first try doing a clock and have not ever done another one, so it could have been my placement. I have used it on backs of jackets and with designs that do ot have to touch, it works fine for that
In order to do larger we must upgrade to the newer machines, 11000 and /or 12000. 

I am hoping to buy a 12000 this year, I am wanting to do some wall hanging size designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Sue, I have a Bernina hoop like you describe - it's called a Mega Hoop... still only 7 inches wide, but more than 3 times that long.  It does a great job of splitting the design into the 3 sections... but again, the design can only be a maximum of 6 1/2 inches or so wide.  I've used it several times with excellent results.

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use