Software?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 120
mkeener posted on Mon, Jan 2 2012 7:13 AM

Can anyone give me any ideas on how best to select embroidery software? I want to be able to "edit" designs. There seems to be a lot of options out there.  Any recommendations? To buy or to avoid?  If it matters, I am relatively new at embroidery so would like something user friendly and good for beginners.

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

Give us a clue.. what machine do you use, what do you need to do, edit how? Do you want to resize ? Do you need to convert designs to your format and send to the machine? Edit a design is OK for sizing and combining several designs, using fonts and alphabets to spell names and sayings and you can edit by copy paste, mirror image and rotating.  Let us know and someone can most likely help.

What I have; Janome customizer plus that edits, combines and sends to machine or to a card. I have Wilcom truesizer e 2.0 (free) for converting designs I purchase that are not in Jef format

Happy Quilting in the New Year!
Carylanne

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 120

I have a Janome 350e.  What I have wanted to do is either resize designs or cut out words to use with a different design, use a design by itself without the words or combine different parts of different designs. I see all these great projects where changes have been made to a purchased design but I don't have any idea how to go about it and the store where I bought my machine is no longer in business. Any help that you can give would be much appreciated.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

Oh wow how great then I have taught the customizer software, however I will say that the new program is a bit different, but easy to use with a bit of practice. If you do not have the customizer then that is the software you should get. You can play with the designs and then transfer to a compact flash card.or direct to the MC350 using the usb slot on the side of the machine. ( compact flash not over 128MB I use only 32MB) You can from this software use the included fonts to do lettering and change colors for the words you write, also you can combine different designs and save them as combined then transfer them all ready to sew out. From the software you can do your printing for templates in color or not for perfect placement on your project.  

when you purchase a design, it is has copywriters, you cannot do any actually design changes other than resizing and rotating or mirror imaging. You use any colors you want of threads they are your to do with what you please other than sell them. I leave off wording when doing the stitching and I have used a font and placed it over the other words on a design, when you do your stitches just skip over the words you do not want. Make sure you change the color to something other than that of the other words. I use dark pink mostly so I can see it when that part comes up to stitch, Make all notes on your template to follow, or print out the color changes and make notes on that page.  If you need any help and do not have a dealer close to work with, friend me here and I will try my best to answer any questions.

Customizer 10000+ is the old version, the new one out is Customizer 11000 and has the MC 350 included.

I have a link for you to you tube , I look here for a lot of tutorials. I don't know what you might want to view so Ill start you here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgrVDHPJZ5w&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL04F6A8BFAE5F791C

Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 120
Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I currently don't have any software other than something I use to print templates.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use