Using metallic embroidery thread

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson Posted: Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:03 PM

Good day everyone!  Each time (lately) that I use metallic embroidery thread, the top thread (metallic) keeps winding itself around the bobbin casing and the bobbin thread.  Needless to say, it's infuriating!  Does anyone know why this is happening to me?

Thanks!

Kim in Canada

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello Kim, I use metallic threads in my Janome 10001 and do not have this problem. I suggest that you contact your dealer so that she can address this problem, perhaps you need a special bobbin for metallic embroidery threads. Personally my only problem with these specialty threads was with the needles, I now use the titanium metallic needles and do not have any problems sewing or embroidering with them. Hope your dealer can help. PS on the Janome web site there are Q&A about problems so perhaps you can see if your machine web site has such a forum. Good Luck

Carylanne

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Thank you Carylanne so much for your advice and your time in responding to my question.  Very much appreciated.

Kim in Canada

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 775
Louise replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:39 PM

Hi Kim,

I was having that same issue. So I found some thread nets on
Nancy's Notions (reasonably priced) and cut them down to the
size of the spools and this seems to have helped me immensely.

I bought the value pack which has 40 nets (approx. 6" long), they
are soft and do not cause as much "snagging" of the thread.

Here is a link to where I bought them at.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/thread+nets+20+pk.do

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use