Machine embroidery and quilting patterns

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145

Very nice quilts Loretta.   I love to combine embroidery with piecing.  I use EQ7 for my designs.  Only problem I have is I have to leave a blank square where the emb. will go or scan my completed piece in then use as a fabric.  I usually just use the blank space, I am kind of lazy.  I then just write in which emb square I am putting where.   Have you joined the EQ Group.  Not much going on there right now.

Granny M

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 1,595

Hi,

What embroidery software do you have? If you can save embroideries in different formats, you can save your designs as .exp. Then just follow the instructions on page 58 of the EQ7 User Manual and add the designs to the Sketchbook.  

You may have to add the "set embroidery" icon to the toolbar - pages 269 - 272. You can then set the designs on layer 3.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 11 2011 4:47 PM

skunkworks@hunterlink.net.au:
What embroidery software do you have?

Alot of my patterns are from web site that let you download just the one format.   I don't have any software for making my own designs or modifing on the computer.  The CD's do contain several formats and some have had the EXP which I have been able to use.  But thanks for the advice.

What do you use to save in dfferent formats?

Granny M

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 1,595

I have been embroidering for some time so have several programs. I started with Brother PE-Design which allows you to save in several formats. I also purchased BuzzTools Buzz Explore which has been updated several times over the years and allows you to convert just about any format to any other format (except Bernina?).

I recently converted to a Pfaff machine and software. This Pfaff 5D Embroidery comes with a utility which again allows you to convert between formats.

There are several free programs on the internet where you can download utilites to convert from one format to another or you can do it on-line by uploading your designs and getting the translated file back - i used the search phrase "free embroidery design converter" .

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:29 PM

Thanks for the info.  I looked at PE design at my dealer's.  But what he showed me left me cold and other programs I looked at were pretty expensive.  Here is my latest from EQ and Emb. 

it is also posted in my gallery and on the EQ group if you want a closer look at the embrodery.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 805
Points 12,389
Joan L. replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:01 PM

Granny M. Your bears are so cute and good job on your FMQing. Lucky little girl.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Granny - Totally love your quilt and love your bears!

Kim in Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 6:51 PM

Thanks Joan and Kim

Granny M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 130
Eileen M replied on Mon, May 23 2011 7:46 PM

Hi Kim!

You might check out Anita Goodesign -- they have some gorgeous quilt and embroidery patterns/designs.  They use some cool techniques, and are lots of fun.  Happy sewing!

Eileen

Eileen

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Tue, May 24 2011 11:00 AM

Hi Eileen.  I shall definitely do that!  Thanks.....

Kim in Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:11 PM

Kim, I saw the best quilt at the studio where I had my fmq class this week and I bought the disk of patterns.  It is a Ricky Tims, called Rhapsodie Fantastique with patterns on 5 inch blocks.  The pictures in the disk don't do it justice, the finished quilt they had hanging was absolutely georgeous.  I think the disk was 30$ and I just finished converting the sew files to jef so it will work on my janome.  Hope to do something with it soon.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:02 AM

Really? I would totally love to see the quilt Marilyn.  Do you think I might find it online?

Thanks so much for sending your comment my way!

Kim

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 55

I love thisquilt. Very nice.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Fri, Aug 19 2011 12:32 PM

Skunkworks - such beautiful work.  Thanks so much for posting your photos.

Kim in Calgary

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 80
Points 2,295
Jane replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:55 AM

I find secrets of embroidery and emblibrary great sites that also give ideas.  I just bought the new Singer Futura XL-400 and can't wait to try it.  I have the Brother 770 but the Singer has a 6x10 hoop

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use