embroidery machine

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 390
cheryl132 Posted: Thu, Nov 4 2010 5:28 PM

Hi I just thought I would give an update on my new embriodery machine. Things are not going good.  bought it in Sept. and I still have not made anything. I have spent more time on my computer trying to learn how to use it . I understand most of it. But I would like to do a portit and it just isn't working.I'm not getting much help from the place I got it from.They are hardly opened.They open from Wed. to Friday 10 till 5. and Sat. 9 to noon. I work so I have a hard time getting them.  I will keep trying.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190

Sorry you are having so much trouble, does the manufacturer have I website? If so there may be some videos that might help.

Granny M Parrot 

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:08 PM

Cheryl132, I can't remember what brand machine you bought. Remind me.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:14 PM

GrannyM, Did you ever find out any more about the software upgrade. I have had some problems with my Quattro and will be taking it for a check up in a week or so. It does have a problem. But I sure do hate to see it gone. I'm like everyone else I feel lost.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190

Joan  

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.  Yes I did find out about the software, Brother has a video on youtube.  The upgrade gives the eye the ability to scan what is in the hoop and put it on screen.  So if you are doing the front of a shirt, you will see the actual shirt to place the embroidery on.  It also enlarges the thumbnails and something to do with bobin work.  I am not into that yet.  I have ordered, but not received.  My dealer is going to put it on for me, so I do not mess up. What he is charging me is $395 plus tax. 

Sorry you are having problems with yours, I have not had the 1st problem with mine and have had it well over a year. 

Granny M.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:00 PM

Granny M.  I am taking my machine to the shop tomarrow. They may decide to keep it and send it to Memphis. My dealer says I am the only one she knows that has had trouble and is hoping they will just replace mine. Wouldn't that be great. I can be sewing along and all of a sudden the presser foot and needle starts to run backward and jump up and down making this horrible noise then the little guy says, safty device has been activated turn off machine. It nearly gives me a heart attack. Another problem it has is stopping for no reason. Just quits sewing. I have to let up off the peddle and then it will sew again. I had only had it a few months when the wheel that carries the belt broke. Other than that I love it LOL.My dealer thinks I may have a lemon. Now doesn't that make you feel good? I'm going to wait on the repair results before I buy the software.  Wish me luck tomarrow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:22 AM

I hope they just replace it for you.  That just sounds like to many problems for repairing.  And since these are computor based there so many places that could be going wrong.    I friend and I bought ours on the same day and she has not had any problems either.   Here hoping you hear something soon after they get the machine. Being without a sewing machine can cause quilt withdrawal symtoms which are not very pretty.

Granny M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:03 PM

Well I am home and brought my machine back with me. Yepee Seems the tech thinks it was the couple strands of loose metallic thread he found buried in the machine was the problem. He says these computer machines don't like matallic thread. I say too bad cause I do. I almost bought the software upgrade today but chickened out at the last minute.She already had the disc out of the box ready to install.LOL I was reading on the box all about it and I haven't conviced myself that it is worth it yet.   I told the tech if you had cleaned my machine when I had it over here with the broke wheel you would have found the problem then. He just looked at me sheepishly. The manager/ dealer said thats right. OH well hope it is fixed. I will quit complaining now. Have a good night.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:25 AM

Great news, I haven't used any metallic thread in mine, maybe I never  will.  I do know that thread can get caught in the tension.  My dealer told me that if I have a thread fray there would be a knott and if I pulled it out from the top pcs would catch in the upper tension.  He recommended I cut the thread at the spool and unthread it to take it out.  So when is your first embroidery project.

Granny M.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 8:14 AM

Granny, M. I have had my machine for a couple years now. I have embroidered something for everyone I know. All the towells in my house, table cloths, table runners, napkins, dish towells, baby stuff and on quilts. I have about burned my self out . I have been thinking about shower curtains but haven't done that yet. I bought the 6500D machine 2 years ago then they come out with the Quattro and I traded up, have had it over  a year now. I sew nearly every day on something. Can't seem to stay away from it. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:09 AM

Joan-you sound just like me. I love the embroidery and have hundreds of patterns now.  I don't think I have used the same one twice yet.  I will this Christmas though I am making winter scene quilts for three great-grandkids.  They are all under three.  So I will be making lots of snowmen and women, I even have a pattern for snowbabies.  Last year I made dish towels for everyone I knew.  I tried to find a pattern that kind of suited each one.  One friend of mine raises bulldogs and I managed to find a bulldog pattern to put on her towels, she loved them.   I have to sew something almost everyday or else I go into withdrawal and get grumpy. I think these machines allow the creative side to come out and at least in my case I could never do these patterns by hand. 

Granny M  Sewing Machine 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 7:52 AM

Granny M, Please let me know how you like the new update on your machine.That may help me make a decision.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,269
Points 35,190
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 8:16 AM

Joan  Will Do                     Granny  M

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use