This post has 98 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 12:33 PM

Diane Morgan:

Shari~

Your bowl is beautiful. Now I want to make bowls. I'll never be able to sleep again.

Diane, that's the problem with this addiction called machine embroidery!  It's as bad as quilting :)  I don't sleep, I dream of new projects to make.  LOL

Shari

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 12:42 PM

Sleeping is highly overrated.  Just think of all the projects we could complete if we didn't have to sleep....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Shari they are beautiful but did you really pay $85 for one design?  I am still working on the designs where you get 30 for $10 LOL

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana:

Sleeping is highly overrated.  Just think of all the projects we could complete if we didn't have to sleep....LOL>

I keep hearing about all this beauty sleep but it's obviously not working in our house!

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Shari~

Thanks for the links. I bookmarked them all. I'm like Marilyn though. I don't think I could spend $85 for one design. You do get what you pay for and the quality looks awesome. I'll have to save my pennies for these.

I'm sitting here thinking.....yes, it does happen once in a while. I used to make doilies with the teeny teeny crochet hook. I had doilies everywhere. Then I made doilies with my knitting machine. I even made lace curtains for my sewing room back then. Now here I am again with doilies by my sewing machine. What will be next?

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 3:38 PM

Diane Morgan:
Kris~ I still can't find where to delete a dumb message. If I pull down More there is no delete there and there is nothing under edit.

Not sure why Diane. I was able to do it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris~

Honest! I haven't hit the old wine jug yet. This is what is under my more buttons: I ain't got no delete!

Send to Friend
Report Abuse
Add this post as a favorite

Remove this forum from favorites

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:04 PM

Marilyn B:

Shari they are beautiful but did you really pay $85 for one design?  I am still working on the designs where you get 30 for $10 LOL

Marilyn, ahhh-yep.  Crazy isn't it?  But to justify my spending, I create embroidery gifts for my web site and there are lots of people who want this type of thing but don't have a machine, or even want to do this themselves.  Plus, I digitize designs for sale for the home embroidery market, so I offset what I spend on other sites with what I make in sales :)  I have to get busy again and rework some of my older designs and get them back up on my site.

I need 24 more hours in a day to do everything I love :)  At almost 60, I still have a lot I want to do before I get too old to enjoy it.  LOL

Shari

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:08 PM

Diane Morgan:

Shari~

Thanks for the links. I bookmarked them all. I'm like Marilyn though. I don't think I could spend $85 for one design. You do get what you pay for and the quality looks awesome. I'll have to save my pennies for these.

I'm sitting here thinking.....yes, it does happen once in a while. I used to make doilies with the teeny teeny crochet hook. I had doilies everywhere. Then I made doilies with my knitting machine. I even made lace curtains for my sewing room back then. Now here I am again with doilies by my sewing machine. What will be next?

Diane, yes, $85 is pricey for one design!  Good thing I paid for all my purchased designs out of my own money and business sales or my hubby would have me committed :)

Oh now that's dangerous to even wonder what's next...you never know what idea might be lurking waiting to grab your interest.  I finally gave all my crochet hooks away, but kept all my knitting needles.  Believe it or not, during the winter, I knit socks.

Shari

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Shari,

Great links!! I love the third one klace. Ok I'm ready to post a pic. Don't laugh, lace isn't just white anymore. It's my nature to try something out of the box and I added some crystals, although I may change them to purple later. I haven't formed it to take even out the stitching and the pic isn't the greatest,   but,  Ok here goes.....

• Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,570
Points 30,589
Kelley replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 5:06 PM

Looks beautiful.. Steph.. Great Job...I love the colors... Does it need a good home?..lol...

Kelley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

It's you! You always go for the brights and are brave and daring. It's very beautiful. I have to get my embroidery unit out. Now I'm chomping to embroider again. I still have pics to add, too. DH is working Fri and Sat. night so if I'm not totally tuckered out from painting all week, I'll be quilting and embroidering this weekend for sure.

Steph~love it!

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Stephanie, now that is my idea of embroidery.  I love the bright colours.  I too used to crotchet doilies and tableclothes with the fine cotton and the tiny hook but my hands don't like me doing that any more. 

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:35 PM

Stephanie,

your bowl is awesome. I love the block with the bright colours. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:37 PM

Diane Morgan:

Kris~

Honest! I haven't hit the old wine jug yet. This is what is under my more buttons: I ain't got no delete!

Diane,

after report abuse there's "edit" don't you have that? It looks like the option to delete the post goes away after a while. If you have "edit" you can just delete what you wrote and write "post deleted".

Page 3 of 7 (99 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use