August Embroidery Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 13 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 85

I have a quilt that I embroidered and quilted from Bernina call Floral Visions.  The back was added last and then stippled in the squares and I also had outline stitching in the squares.  I don't know if the picture is added or not.  I hope so!   Nope, I don't think it came over, sorry!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 85

cehainline51:

I have a quilt that I embroidered and quilted from Bernina call Floral Visions.  The back was added last and then stippled in the squares and I also had outline stitching in the squares.  I don't know if the picture is added or not.  I hope so!   Nope, I don't think it came over, sorry!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 85

As you can see, I don't know what I am doing for sure.  I entered my quilt in the county fair this year.  Did very well.  Entered it in the Eastern IDaho State Fair and got a white ribbon (third in machine quilting and embroidery).  I have a great dealer, who lets us come back as often as we need to to learn all kinds of things with version 6 soft ware by Bernina. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:12 PM

Beautiful work of art. A well desereved ribbon..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Kelly, your snowmen are super cute.  I have not been doing any emb. lately although I plan to get back into it soon.  Been busy throwing practice quilts together.  I have some plans for some Christmas things and if I don't start soon will not get them done.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Cehainline51----Beautiful quilt, well deserved ribbon.   Sorry I am so behind the times, been really out of the loop lately

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:41 PM

Thanks Granny M... I havent done much embroidery since I got my Gammil...I do a couple labels for quilts but thats about it for now..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:46 PM

Hi all, I am pretty new to this group, but have been following the chatter for about a month now. So, I thought it was time to jump in and share what I am doing with machine embroidery.  I have a Bernina Artista 200 (almost 10 years old now) but it gets a lot of use...both for quilting and machine embroidery.

Last spring, on a ski trip to central British Columbia, I (of course) had to stop at a few quilt shops on the way home.  I saw these gorgeous quilted wall hangings made in the hoop with machine embroidery...designed by HoopSisters.  The name of this pattern is Goose Tracks. ( If you go to www.hoopsisters.com and scroll down the left side, you will see a link to their video demos on making these quilt squares.)  They are designed to be done as a BOM from a LQS...but I couldn't drive 150 miles every month to join in their LQS classes.  But, this summer I discovered that a store about 50 miles from my house is now offering the "classes" and I am absolutely OBSESSED WITH THIS QUILT!  I now have 12 blocks done, 4 to do for October, and am starting to work on the border blocks, so they will be ready when I have the center blocks completed.  These are absolutely beautiful quilts with the digitized files for each block downloaded to your USB stick each month when you attend the class.  (If you cannot make it to the class, you can purchase the download and just follow the printed instructions included with the designs.)  I give most of my quilts away as gifts, but this one is for ME!

As I say, I am obsessed with these!  I'm trying  to do at least one block a day to catch up and get the border blocks done, too.  Unfortunately, it is interfering with my quilting right now...LOL

While on a short vacation last month, I decided that I should be able to digitize something similar for myself...but much simpler for a starter.  I digitized a small hexagon flower for a quilt square center...using the same technique and using decorative stitches to cover the interior seams and satin stitch for the exterior edges.  As soon as I get some pics taken. I will share...  And, Hoop Sisters has other quilt patterns digitized in this style.  Since finding this method, I have discovered that several other web-sites offer similar "block in the hoop" digitized designs.  But, so far, the HoopSisters quilts, to me, seem the most detailed and beautiful.

So Kris, another example of making a quilt in the hoop...

Donna B

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:53 PM

Very, Very New to this. So new, in fact, that I haven't done anything yet! That should change tomorrow when I go to class but, I saw this group and thought it might be a good place to learn a lot (and drool over the beautiful work you're all doing, of course). I have a Pfaff Creative Vision and it's brand new to me (about 3 yrs old) and has the 4D software. I finally got the embroidery unit hooked up the other day and installed the software. Onward!

Page 7 of 7 (99 items) «Prev34567
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use