August Embroidery Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Kelly they are so cute.  The only thing I have done recently is put a Mighty Mouse on a scrub for DH.  I have so many ideas but have not had the time.  I just finished one course I was taking and decided to wait until I am caught up on stuff before taking another course, then continuing ed came out with an ASL course so of course I had to register, last night was first night and I am amazed at how much I remember.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:10 PM

Kelley

I love your snow angel.  Beautiful blocks.   I need to do some towels for Thanksgiving and Christmas....maybe soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kelley~

Will you come here and boot me in the butt so I can get back to embroidery? I'm so busy with the quilting side right now and I just can't find the time. I love your snow people!

North of Boston MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:31 PM

Diane...

Here comes a big boot...lol.. Get going girl...lol..

Do you have 2 machines? One for sewing and one for embroidery?..Thats what helps me....lol.

I dont have anyone to make stuff for so I embroider so the BF cant say that I dont use the machines  that I have...lol..

I hope to get a Long Arm in Jan/Feb next year so theres one more machine I have to keep going...lol..

Kelley

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 6:49 PM

Kelley,

can I come live with you and your machines?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 6:54 PM

Come on over..lol.. but you have to luv dogs and kids...lol...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:51 PM

Kids are OK. I'm scared of dogs though...bummer.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:21 PM

Im so sorry to hear that u r afraid of dogs... mine just might lick you to death...lol..

My oldest golden will scare herself when she farts...lol.. it is so funny...lol..

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:58 PM

ROFLOL. Kelley that's funny. When I was much younger our neighbour's dog ran out and bit my cousin in the face as we walked home from school. Since that day I've been afraid of dogs no matter the size. If they're running at me it's all over. I'm trying to get over it but they still make me mighty nervous.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:13 PM

Kris... I am so sorry you and your cousin went through that.. thats horrible...

I ,and Im sure everyone here, will pray for you and your cousins courage  and strength..

Kelley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:29 PM

Thanks Kelley. I'm not sure how he feels about dogs now. I haven't talked to him in a long time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Kelley I would come use your machines too but I am afraid of kids LOL.  Actually your goldens look beautiful.  I have black lab crosses and the male is like that, scared of his own shaddow.  The female is smart as a whip and keeps him in line.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Kris, I had a similar experience with dogs as a kid and I always told my kids never to put their faces up to a dogs even though they loved to hug them.  To this day I do not trust any dog even my own not to bite.  Before these dogs I had a Jack Russell and as he got older he got snappy.  He got out of the yard and bit my neighbour on the leg, he was put down after his quarentine period.  She was upset we had him put down but we told her that a nip that broke her skin could have been on her grandbabies and we could not allow that.  I love my dogs dearly and we had all kinds of training for this Jack spent I can't tell you how much to get him to stop nipping but some dogs you just can't trust and it is not fair to them or the community to have them either penned up all the time or running loose.  I have a thing about people who trust their dogs to walk without a leash or be on their property without a leash.  Yes dogs sometimes get loose but our neighbours never leash their dog and it drives me nuts to see it running around.  Sorry for the rant.

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kelley:

Diane...

Here comes a big boot...lol.. Get going girl...lol..

Do you have 2 machines? One for sewing and one for embroidery?..Thats what helps me....lol.

I dont have anyone to make stuff for so I embroider so the BF cant say that I dont use the machines  that I have...lol..

I hope to get a Long Arm in Jan/Feb next year so theres one more machine I have to keep going...lol..

Kelley

Kelley~

I have the combo sewing/embroidery/quilting machine which is my treasure. that's my Ellie. I love to sew on her. I have 5 other machines that I could piece on (the Featherweight is great for piecing) and I have a couple of other machines that I could quilt on but I want to sew on Ellie. I've been sort of looking and drooling and debating at just a quilting machine and telling myself that I don't need it. I could use that and have Ellie doing embroidery but then I'd miss Ellie. Or I could go with a less expensive Babylock embroidery machine that I could use the same software for but then all the money I spent on Ellie is a waste. Sooooo that's my dilemma. And oh, I have no money to do any of the above!

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 345
Hildur replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 6:46 AM

Diane,

Are you still doing the monthly embroidery project? Sounds like fun and very inspirational.

Hildur

Page 6 of 7 (99 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use