rated by 0 users
This post has 98 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:41 PM

Shari,

your Fairy Land land blocks are very cute. Your grands will love them.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:27 PM

Kris:

Shari,

your Fairy Land land blocks are very cute. Your grands will love them.

Kris,

Thanks :)  There's enough fabric here to make some accessories, so I'm going to have some extra play time with these!

Shari

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:34 AM

Shari

Your Fairyland quilt is going to be gorgeous.   I love your blocks....great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Shari--

Your fairyland blocks are just oh so cute!  You do beautiful work.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:39 PM

Joyce,

Thanks so much.  This is such fun.  Everytime I look at these, I think that maybe I should make one for the little girl in me too :)

Shari

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:45 PM

Nana,

Thanks so much :)

Shari

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:23 AM

sahri, those blocka are adorable,  i'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:14 AM

Gini,

Thanks so much!  I am hoping to get some work done on the quilt this week.

Shari

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Sun, Sep 19 2010 10:19 AM

Hi Kris, I am new, but had to answer this question, because it was one I had as well.  I started just playing around and made two baby quilts.  What I found was using simple line designs was the best way, these are available in quilt shops.  I did not use additional stablizer as the quilt was heavey enough.  I also pulled the bobbin thread to the top to avoid any "nests" on the back, before I hit the go button for the embroidery.  I would post the quilts but have not taken pictures yet.  It is on my to do list, then have to figure out how to get on here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 19 2010 11:45 AM

Hi Granny M.,

Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing photos of your embroidery. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

I love your failry blocks and the bowls are beautiful. You are such talented ladies and it will be a great group. I am so glad to have QCA it is a great way to meet people with the same interests and a great way to learn as I am a complete newby to machine embroidery so you will have to excuse any stupid questions I ask.

The only problem I have is finding time to do quilts. and embroidery and run a home and look after the 3 dogs and 1 cat. Ok the dogs could do with an extra brush and the house is not as tidy as it could be, but who cares I just do what  I can when I can and all my friends are quilters too or want to learn, so they understand.

Hampshire, England

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

jay marie~

I am the same way. There are so many things that I want to do but I just don't have the time. I drive myself crazy with all the ideas racing around in my head and I want to do this and try this and make this quilt and work on what I have started and and and it goes on and on. Today though I have brought myself up and told me that I can't do it all and knock it off. I am going to ruin my pleasure in the art of making the quilt. So I am going to slow down and do things at my pace and try to get some things finished up before I start hopping off to something else. So I figure take one (or a couple) projectt and work on those til they are done.

I still am determined to get back into the embroidery. I have some real cute blocks I started a while ago and I want to do some quilting in the hoop. But this will be my project for the first of the year. Too much going on right now with the business and all the things going on at QCA. So for me one day at a time even if I only sew for an hour or so. Maybe you could do that. Set aside a small amount of time every day til it becomes a new habit in your day.

And we'll need pics of everything you do!

North of Boston MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 7:53 PM

Hi.... What is everyone embroidering?.. I just finished my 2 Downey quilts and sent them off and Im working on a Halloween applique quilt and embroidering a Christmas item....lol... ADD here... These embroideries are from Embroidery Library.... They make a small WH that I think is going to be cute...

please let me know what everyone is working on...

Kelley

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:25 PM

Shari your embroidered quilt blocks are soooooo cute..luv them...cant wait to see finished quilt...

Kelley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:15 AM

Kelley,

your snow people are adorable.

I've been working on hand embroidery and reading about machine embroidery. As far as the machine goes I've never done anything elaborate I've only made quilt labels. I want to realise my machine's full potential.

Page 5 of 7 (99 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use