Christmas Ornaments

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana Posted: Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:17 AM

Even though this isn't a highly active group, I wanted to post my machine embroidered ornaments that I made this weekend. I'd love to get more discussion going in this group. I'm trying to learn more about machine embroidery.

These two ornaments are from the current issue of the Creative Machine Embroidery magazine. The sock monkey is a free design from CME until December 31 at sandylightfoot.com. I have, however, rewritten the instructions for doing the design for a group I am going to lead in making it. Some steps were left out in the article (in my opinion). 

The FSL ornament is enhanced with Angelina fibers. 

Fortunately, I'm at my mother's this weekend and she had a small tree I could use to enhance the pictures! Mother's are good like that! LOL!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 12:05 AM

Great ornaments Roxana!  I've done some FSL before, but not with angelina...never have used it.  I just used Isacord thread for mine but they turned out nice.  I don't think I have a picture, but I will check.  If not, I will take one and post asap...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 6:18 AM

Donna, I still used Isacord. The Angelina fibers just enhanced the sparkle and shimmer of the FSL.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I adored the sock money, I too downloaded the free designs. I particularly like the fact that the hanger is not attached therefore it can be used for years to come with your own added year. Love the way it turned out. What did you find missing in the instructions?  share please. 

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 144
Bonnie replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:19 PM

I love the snowflake. Is it 2 sided? Where did you get the design?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 144
Bonnie replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:22 PM

Ok so now that I read the whole post it answers my first question I will have to look up the design to see if it can be made 2 sided. I am also a DME subscriber and even attended one of their 2 day seminars.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:34 PM

The snowflake is Free Standing Lace so yes, it is 2-sided. It all came from Creative Machine Embroidery. The snowflake design is from OESD. It had to be bought but I had this one in my Design Stash! Let me know if this doesn't answer your questions.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:51 PM

Donna B:

Great ornaments Roxana!  I've done some FSL before, but not with angelina...never have used it.  I just used Isacord thread for mine but they turned out nice.  I don't think I have a picture, but I will check.  If not, I will take one and post asap...

Amazing how long an "asap" can end up...LOL!  I did take this picture over the holidays when I was unpacking the Christmas tree decorations.  However, with having company for a week and then collapsing in relief for another week, I forgot all about posting the picture.  Please keep in mind, I made these about 10 years ago and they have been packed and unpacked yearly ever since...so they are looking a little "tipsy" and worse for the wear.

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use