Converting an .EPS file for domestic use

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,736 Posts
Points 30,115
Roxana posted on Tue, Aug 6 2013 11:39 AM

Does anyone know if an .EPS file can be converted for a domestic embroidery machine? If so, what software does that? Thanks in advance for your help.

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answers

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 250
Answered (Verified) Diana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:31 PM
Verified by Roxana

Roxana,

An .EPS file cannot be converted to a file that can be read directly by an embroidery machine.  The .EPS file can be opened by Photoshop or Illustrator and from there it can be output as an .jpg file that an be brought into a Embroidery Digitizing software (there are many of these on the market from the various sewing machine manufacturers plus others such as Master Works, Artista, Total Control by Florani, Embird, Perla).  The image/artwork from there needs to be digitized into a format that can be output to be read by your embroidery machine. 

I

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 250
Answered (Verified) Diana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:31 PM
Verified by Roxana

Roxana,

An .EPS file cannot be converted to a file that can be read directly by an embroidery machine.  The .EPS file can be opened by Photoshop or Illustrator and from there it can be output as an .jpg file that an be brought into a Embroidery Digitizing software (there are many of these on the market from the various sewing machine manufacturers plus others such as Master Works, Artista, Total Control by Florani, Embird, Perla).  The image/artwork from there needs to be digitized into a format that can be output to be read by your embroidery machine. 

I

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,736 Posts
Points 30,115
Roxana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:38 PM

Thanks, Diana, that's what I was afraid of but I wasn't sure. I have the Bernina software but am just now learning to use it. Thanks so much for answering my question!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:53 PM

Roxana:
I have the Bernina software but am just now learning to use it.

Oh Good!!!  Do you have Version 7?  Maybe we can help each other now and then... (but you will probably be the helper more than the helpee...lol).

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,736 Posts
Points 30,115
Roxana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:58 PM

Donna B:

Roxana:

Oh Good!!!  Do you have Version 7?  Maybe we can help each other now and then... (but you will probably be the helper more than the helpee...lol).

I'm working on Version 6... but plan to help teach 7 at my local store so I'm putting myself through a crash course on 6 now. I'm sure you'll be the one doing the helping. I didn't think Version 7 was available just yet. Is it?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Roxana:

Donna B:

Roxana:

I'm working on Version 6... but plan to help teach 7 at my local store so I'm putting myself through a crash course on 6 now. I'm sure you'll be the one doing the helping. I didn't think Version 7 was available just yet. Is it?

Oops!  You are right!   I converted from Version 4 directly to Version 6 in April 2012 when I bought my Bernina 830 LE.  I have Designer Plus, but not the cut-work tool, etc.  In fact, on the Bernina v6Software Yahoo Group they are talking about what will be included in v7 when it comes out.  

I have taken two classes from Claudia Dinnell using the Bernina software...one an embroidery class and the second a digitizing class.  The digitizing class was really packed full of info, but I am sure I have not retained all the great tips and info she shared.  If you ever get a chance to take a class from her...jump at the chance.  She is fantastic!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Roxana, I just got an email that the Version 7 software is being released around October...and they are taking pre-orders now at my Bernina store.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,736 Posts
Points 30,115
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:42 PM

I sent an email to my dealer to see if she was going to do the same. I know I'm going with her to learn all about it the first full week in October so I expect they are releasing it just after that. Just my guess. .... I sent you a friendship request on Facebook. .... Did you hear about the OESD sale next week? We just happened to hear about it but the haunted house will be 30% off.  Cute for Halloween! ... I'm going to hop over to the Yahoo Group and see what they have to say about V7. Thanks for the tip.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use