Sources for top quality machine embroidery and appliqué designs

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 150
Lucy posted on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:41 AM

What are your favorite sources for top quality machine embroidery and appliqué designs?

Thanks,

Lucy

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
52 Posts
Points 845

I just spent the weekend at an Anita Goodesign Party.  What fun!  All the projects we did were so easy to do.  We did lace, cuttouts, mylar bookmark, purses with zippers and folded quilt squares and crazy quilt blocks.  Very user friendly.  Check them out.

Robin Martin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Robin Martin:

I just spent the weekend at an Anita Goodesign Party.  What fun!  All the projects we did were so easy to do.  We did lace, cuttouts, mylar bookmark, purses with zippers and folded quilt squares and crazy quilt blocks.  Very user friendly.  Check them out.

Robin Martin

Robin, I attended one last fall in Wenatchee...at Andrew's Sew and Vac.  It was very interesting.  Since I am a Bernina girl, it was an opportunity for me to see and use the Brother machines without really being a looker...lol.  I did buy several Anita Goodesign Design Packages though!

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
964 Posts
Points 19,596

Donna B:
 I did buy several Anita Goodesign Design Packages though!

Donna B

Oh boy --- I have several Anita Goodesign packages too and I have a BabyLock machine, made by Brother.  Will you be bringing any to the Oregon retreat.  I'd love to visit with you about using them!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:54 PM

Snowbird Quilter:

Donna B:
 I did buy several Anita Goodesign Design Packages though!

Donna B

Oh boy --- I have several Anita Goodesign packages too and I have a BabyLock machine, made by Brother.  Will you be bringing any to the Oregon retreat.  I'd love to visit with you about using them!

I'll bring a show & tell, but I find it difficult to work on machine embroidery at a retreat.  I get distracted far too easily listening to all the fun chatter!  I don't want to miss a single thing that's going on...LOL!!!  But, I will bring some design packs if you want and we certain can talk about machine embroidery...  If you want to bring your module, I will be happy to watch and give you ideas and/or pointers if I can.  Who knows, you may be beyond me by that time!  (I have a Bernina 830 and the embroidery module & machine together are HUGE!!!)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 12:25 PM

I'm just in the planning stages for a cover for my new/old featherweight.  I've been looking for an embroidery design of a featherweight and found one that I liked here:

http://perfectlittlestitches.com/proddetail.asp?prod=sewfeather

Has anyone used the embroidery designs from this website?  If so, did you have good luck with them?  The price is right (under $10), but it may not be worth the price (in fabric, thread and stabilizer) if the design-work is poor.  BTW, I have found a couple of very nice designs from $20 to $30...but that is too pricey for me...LOL!

I will greatly appreciate any info and/or comments you might have!  

Also, if you have a link to a quality "featherweight" motif (one that looks like a featherweight...lol) for a reasonable price - say under $15.00, I would appreciate your posting it here!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use