Projects Learning & Experienced

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Donna B:
Did you know that there is a Yahoo Group specifically to help owners of the Babylock Ellure Plus?

Donna -- It took a couple of days but I finally was excepted to the Yahoo Group.  I've spent a lot of time reading thread after thread.  What I've learned some from trial and error and then confirmed by reading the threads are:  the BabyLock Ellure Plus will not except designs that are too big for the 5 X 7 hoop, and that the USB stick can't have any files on it that deal with security, and if I put a design on it too big for the hoop the machine won't read it at all.   I also learned that some of the Anita Gooddesign CD's have a re-sizing program so that I can re-size down no more than 20% or up 20%.  I also found a thread conversation program  Floriani - that will take a design and convert the thread to the brand you have on hand ( a combination of brands even).

So I'm off and running.  This could be a bad thing or a good thing.  Yet to be determined.  LOL

I've got a great rooster design, I'm anxious to stitch.  As soon as my thread gets here. 

Thanks for all of your help.

Patty mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:17 PM

Hello, have been on the quilters site for the last few weeks and someone suggested this group to learn more about my embroidery machine? I got a Innovis from craig's list a few months ago, just to make sure I would like doing embroidery.  Have used it mainly to make my quilt labels, but really enjoyed doing it.  Told my husband I got it to resell it!!  Well that didn't happen.  Just got home this week from a trip and he had surprised me with a new Viking Ruby!! I am playing on it today, making a Texas Star on a pair of jeans. It really does a lot more than my other machine.  I will be taking a new owners class in a few weeks, but couldn't resist playing around with it.  Course it took an hour to figure out how to do the bobbin, thread it and put the hoop on. but now I'm an expert in that. Looking forward to learning alot on her.  

Michelle 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello Michelle & welcome to the group. How lovely a surprise to receive a new Ruby. If you are already playing then you are taking the right test runs. I am a Janome 10001 player for about 7 years, and I love doing the embroidery. I have a second machine for sewing while making pretty towels and other such items on the EM. Love that you have two EM machines. I do not know much about the Singer but if it sews keep it for a back up.. lol
there are several threads here that have great information for all machines hope you will enjoy reading them and that we can help you on your journey. Have fun!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Michelle  --  Welcome

I'm looking forward to hearing about your projects.  Share pictures too  Please.

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:12 PM

This is what I worked on today.  The seal of Texas on a piece of jean material.  My son had a large hole in his jeans back pocket that he wanted covered up. He liked this seal, so made it into a patch, then just took the pocket off, placed this over the hole and put the pocket back on. He is very pleased. 

This 

Michelle B

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

From one Texan to another; I'd like that patch on my jeans , please.. lol I have to ask you about the outlining in the piece, if this is a color change to white to outline then OK, but if not it is your bobbin threads showing to the top. This happens when the bobbin tension is just a tad too loose. Ask your dealer when you can about the right 1/4 turn. It is what I have to do about every couple months, sometimes sooner if I have done a lot of ITH designs that require satin stitches. 
Great way to use a bit of denim.
here is a project I finished this week for my niece Gracie. the design is at EMB LIB.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:33 PM

Caryl,

My tension was messing up on this. I worked on the label 4 times, it sewed perfectly the 1st 2 times but we we're messing with the colors and then when we got the color we wanted the tension was off. It's a brand new embroidery machine, so this was really practice til I have the new owners class next week. Just had to make something! Will get it more exact then. I did change the tension at the beginning and it was fine. It seemed at the end was when it started doing this again. 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Michelle, I know how it is to just have to make something, I remember having my machine about a month before I finally had to go for it. LOL even my DH had asked me when I was going to embroider something.  but holy Pete when I started I never looked back. I've become a thread-a-holic as well as having a fabric stash. if you haven't already, post your picture in the media section so others can view your success. Have fun can't wait to hear how your lessons come along. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
about the tension, does your manual talk about the 'right' or 'left' 1/4 turn?  this is for bobbin tension the tiny screw on my case is black. I have the original bobbin case that came with my machine, somehow the tension rod was bent and therefore the thread was not being held enough, I marked ti to use for bobbin work (heavy threads, or yarn)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,767
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 2:55 PM

I love these projects Michelle and Caryl Anne.

I haven't done much embroidery with my machine. It doesn't stitch out correctly and I usually abandon whatever project I start. Another turn off is that all my software is windows based and I'm a Mac user. I recently got notification that I can upgrade my Pfaff program to a Mac version (TruEmbroidery). Any of you know anything about it?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345

Thanks for the info, Caryl Ann.  I have my lesson next weekend, so excited about learning more about the machine and the program that runs it.  I'll ask about the tension also, I know my Featherweight, sometimes we have to change the tension a few millimeters.  Will let you know. I also was trying to do it on jean material, plus my stabilizer and it ws a think pattern.  I had sewn it on regular cotten, then 3 times on jean material and it was fine, then it started showing the bobbin thread on the top.  I adjusted the tension and it stopped, then only the very end it started doing it again. I was just ready to get the jeans finished! I had been using my other embroidery machine quite a bit, so I have the basics down, now to learn more!! 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Kris, So sorry I don't know about any of the available programs for other machines. I will say that on the Janome America web site the upgrades from WIN7 to 8 are available for free to mac users. they are simple downloads, as long as the original software is installed. When I bought my laptop two years ago, all I needed to do was go to Janome site and click on the needed upgrade.

I'm see you checked your Phaff site for these, perhaps your dealer can shed some light on what you need. You say your machine is not stitching out properly, when was the last time you had it serviced. My machine is in the shop at least 2 X's a year for maintenance I use it so much that sometimes I have to take it just for a day spa treatment. LMAO. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345

Here's a pic of the embroidery label- Seal of Texas as a patch on a pair of jeans 

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345

Here's an "in the hoop" project. They are zippered bags I gave as Christmas gifts. I put a few tea bags and sweetener in them and everyone lived them. My older embroidery machine would only do the small and medium size bags. Now my  new machine should let me make the larger size bags on the pattern. Looking forward to that. I have been just putting everyone's initials on the bags but with the larger bags, thinking of doing something more. 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

OK Michelle, fess up where did you find the button fabric?? I was on the lookout for over three years to find cute sewing novely fabrics. PLEASE don't tell me it was a scrap. LOL  I finally gave up wanting to amke a new machine cover. This one is close to 30 years old. .
Thanks for asking about the stabilizer list, I found the link on page two of this discussion  . I have printed this and use it all the time 
heck this is 10 years old and I have a matching one for one serger.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,767
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:05 PM

Caryl Anne:
ee you checked your Phaff site for these, perhaps your dealer can shed some light on what you need. You say your machine is not stitching out properly, when was the last time you had it serviced. My machine is in the shop at least 2 X's a year for maintenance I use it so much that sometimes I have to take it just for a day spa treatment. LMAO. 

Caryl Anne,

it was serviced about three months ago. It was sent to the factory for a complete overhaul. It used to be my primary but I now use a different machine for piecing so it doesn't work too hard any more.

I'll check out the Janome website.

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use