Eat, Drink & Be Merry! Free Embroidery designs via Creative Machine Embroidery magazine

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
sandi227 replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:08 PM

Patty, I have Babylock Ellisimo and also use pes format. I bought Buzz Xplore v2 ($169.95) to convert any format to pes. It also organizes my designs, I can view them, print and put them on the USB. I really like this program. I also have Palette software (for Babylock machines...cost about $1000) and never use it. You can download Buzz Xplore and use for 21 days to see if it's for you.  http://www.buzztools.com/buzzxplore_v2.asp     hope this helps, sandi

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Caryl Anne - fabulous response for Patty!  I'm glad you answered....I learned from your post.

Kim

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Sandi:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll look at Buzz Xplore.  Did you have to buy a USB from BabyLock? 

Patty Mc

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

KIM:

Aren't the gals and guys on QCA great?  I really appreciate all of you.  You've helped me put my brave hat on.

Patty Mc

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
sandi227 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:08 PM

Patty, the USB came with my machine....but believe me, I paid for it..LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Oh, I am glad to see that a Baby lock owner came in to the discussion. Good luck Snowbird, thanks Sandi227 for being able to help. One more thing Snow, I have USB port and any USB stick, up to 2GB works in my machine. I actually prefer using a flash card with the adapter, also available very inexpensively on Ebay I own 9 sand disk compact flash drives 32MB; because I do work for customers, I keep their designs for 1 year in my computer, when they are needed again I just place them on a blank and go to work.
Just a note on the embroidery designs, you DO NOT have to buy only BabyLock designs
most designs available come in many formats, mine is JEF yours is PES? When you buy designs, you select the format you need, in some case all formats are available on one download in a zip file. when you go to your computer you extract your format, and then just delete the rest from that folder. I want to say I did the trial on the Buzz tool, but I love Janome’s software so I never needed another. And I use the WilcomTruesizer e2.0 for changing sizes and formats.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Sandi277 & Caryl Anne 

Here is what I understand about the USB thumb drive.  BabyLock's has a format that isn't on the sticks that I own.  That's OK.  I'll just buy one from BabyLock, or one that is on their list.

Now:  a flash card?  I'm calling whoa here.  Your getting too technical for me.  LOL  Yep, I understand that I don't have to buy only BabyLock designs and I know that the format for the designs for my machine are either PES or DST.  And I do own a number of CD's with designs.  I can't use them until I solve the USB problem.

I'm like an ole mule.  I'll drag along just with all four feet braced, so I go real slow.   I plan to make a phone call or two tomorrow and see how much more confused I get make myself.  Today was quilting day with our local group and of course I had a ball.

Thanks again gals.

Patty Mc

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
sandi227 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:00 PM

Patty, I had to check for myself...so I put a design on my flash drive I bought from wal mart. My machine read it. I also looked at my Babylock flash drive and there are no files on it except the ones I put on it. So I can use most any flash drive. The Ellure must be different, if it won't accept any other USB flash drive. I would talk to at least one other dealer about this.The flash card is just an other way to transfer a design to your machine...thats where my Palette comes in...card fits into Palette and Palette can connect to my machine , transfer the design, or connect to computer so I can view the pattern...It also is a digitizing program....but way over my head. I use Generation software for digitizing. sandi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

PATTY:

Indeed!  It's a fabulous forum to discuss all of our machine embroidery "issues"!

Kim

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

sandi227:
flash drive I bought from wal mart. My machine read it.

Well well well!  I'll have to try that.

Thanks Sandi

Patty Mc

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Caryl Anne.  How are you doing today?  I am researching an article on machine embroidery and I have a question for you.  You are an EXPERT in machine embroidery....and so I pose this question to you.

Are there currently any sewing/machine embroidery machines on the market today that do not require a computer to download designs to the machine from the internet?  Does that make sense to you?  I know there are some brand new machines that use a cord that connects the computer to the sewing machine and one can download a design instantly....but are there new machines now that have wireless capabilities that you are aware of?

Waiting to hear from you!

Kim

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:48 PM

Kim Hanson:

Caryl Anne.  How are you doing today?  I am researching an article on machine embroidery and I have a question for you.  You are an EXPERT in machine embroidery....and so I pose this question to you.

Are there currently any sewing/machine embroidery machines on the market today that do not require a computer to download designs to the machine from the internet?  Does that make sense to you?  I know there are some brand new machines that use a cord that connects the computer to the sewing machine and one can download a design instantly....but are there new machines now that have wireless capabilities that you are aware of?

Waiting to hear from you!

Kim

Kim, I would like to clarify your question...  Are you asking if there are sewing/embroidery machines that can function independently as a wireless computer, ie, connect directly to the internet via a wireless router or server?  

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:18 PM

Hi You Sweet Lady. I am by no means an expert but the only machine I know is a Phaff. you need no computer. the computer on board is complete with the software to do everything. However, I will look and get back to you on what one needs; use only certain designs or anything on a card or USB. I read and looked at this machine on line from the creative something workshops. Ill go look and let you know asap
Donna good question, but I don't know of a wireless I am sure Kim is talking about the new Phaff. I should have the information before you wake.. I am staying with Mother so I have a long night to look for that information .

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:30 AM

sorry Kim, 

creative sensation™ by Phaff is not the one but wowowowow what a machine.

it is theHusqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe , that does not need a computer hook up. I found the information on You Tube, BUT you must own software from  Viking to load extras to the cards or sticks. same as I do with my Janome. this big girl has 331 embroidery designs and 1100 stitches in the machine, and all the editing is done on screen.  holy smoke the features must cost 15k  or more for this baby. if you want to see the machine this is the latest video I have found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nOq-zrrzU go to 2:18 mark to see the actual information
let me know what research you are needing, I'd love to help if I can

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Donna!  Yes, that is exactly the question I'm asking.  Thanks for the clarification.

Kim

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use