FSL Bookmarks and other goodies

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne Posted: Sat, Nov 19 2011 2:30 AM

Good morning it is 2:15AM in TX and I am finishing up another batch of FSL Bookmarks for Christmas. I was hoping to find others doing some discussion. I read the posts here and found several that were making wonderful bowls and such beautiful work on those fabulous embroidered quilts. Who else is making items from 'just thread'?
 these are awareness bracelets.

these are from last years batch

I love these crosses

Carylanne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 775
Louise replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:31 PM

Awww I see that you have "paid" a visit to Embroidery Library for their awesome
FSL designs.

I LOVE making free standing lace items, even though I am still "fairly" new at
that. I have been working on using metallic thread to make some Christmas
ornaments although so far I have mostly been trying to practice so that I can
perfect the process of making them.

Hoping to have it down very well so that I can try to list items on my artfire.com
studio to sell.

Love everything you show so far.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Yes Indeed Louise, I shop or browse Emb Lib every weeek. I am addicted to their designs, as I have such good luck with them. I have used the FSL from other companies as well , and do love making them in all colors of the rainbow.

A few years ago I made the sm Angel bookmarks, listed them with etsy; received a custom order for 1 Gold and 3 cream for a 50th wedding renewal. They were to be used as decorations on the Bouquets. I wish customers would send photos

Carylanne

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 5 2012 12:48 PM

Caryl Anne:

...Who else is making items from 'just thread'?
Carylanne

Carylanne - Just now seeing your posts. It's been a crazy month and I haven't been on line very much ~sigh~. I bought some FSL ornament designs from MyEmbroidery.com (They had a 60% off sale!) and I'm doing some for DD. She was saying at Christmas that she needed some so, I got 2 sets. One has about 15 1-color designs and the other is a 3-4 color Twelve Days of Christmas set. I'm having a blast. I'm still pretty new to machine embroidery and these are just too cute & quick to do. They really stitch out nicely, too. I'm making extras while I'm going so that I'll have some to use with ribbons on packages or to give to co-workers next year.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Sheila, I couldn't find My embroidery.com site, when I typed it in I got a generic site to buy the web addy. Can you send a link to the FSL 12 days of Christmas, that sounds like something I might like to make as well. I have just started taking orders for Christmas stockings for the kids as they told me I hadn't made any since 1994. Oops a lot of other things have been made in that time.  In 1994 none of my kids were even married and now I have 3 grands and one on the way, oldest is 16. I best get busy right??  Anyhoo I do get windy, I would appreciate the link and if you want you can friend me and send it that way. Thanks

Carylanne

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 5 2012 8:06 PM

Caryl Anne:

Hi Sheila, I couldn't find My embroidery.com site, when I typed it in I got a generic site to buy the web addy. Can you send a link to the FSL 12 days of Christmas, that sounds like something I might like to make as well. I have just started taking orders for Christmas stockings for the kids as they told me I hadn't made any since 1994. Oops a lot of other things have been made in that time.  In 1994 none of my kids were even married and now I have 3 grands and one on the way, oldest is 16. I best get busy right??  Anyhoo I do get windy, I would appreciate the link and if you want you can friend me and send it that way. Thanks

Carylanne

Here you go! http://www.myembroideries.com/MyEmbroideries/Products/DesignMaster/PID-614400.aspx. It's a  Cactus Punch design. I haven't made any of these yet as I'm still working my way through these: http://www.myembroideries.com/MyEmbroideries/Products/DesignMaster/PID-205300.aspx.  I have a Pfaff Creative Vision and found this through the Pfaff site. They've got some neat stuff but, not nearly as much as some of the other sites out there. I just thought these were cute and, like I said, they stitch out pretty nice. Enjoy!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

thanks Sheila, I have a link for you in minis I made a bunch a few years ago and made them into earrings for my girls and sisters. we all wore them to Christmas Eve dinner everyone was different in color or design. What a blast, I set them up in computer software and stitched out 8 or more on one heavy wash away, with sparkle net under for stability. cute cute cute

embroidery library http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X2724

minis http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X2757

Carylanne

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use