This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, May 17 2011 7:21 PM

MARYF-13:
would love to do a group project.

Welcome Mary,  do you have any ideas for a group project?  We are kind of at the gathering of ideas right now.  Although I am going to be doing two wall hangings as Grad presents for my Grandson and Nephew.   They are at different schools.  I can't start until I get the picture of them in thier cap and gown.  I will put that on fabric and embroider the school and grad date with thier names.  Will be doing in school colors.

Granny M

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 95
MELANIEE replied on Sat, May 21 2011 11:48 AM

HI!  I have just joined this group.  I have a Babylock Elisimo and love it.  I was a partner/manager in a quilt shop for 6 years but sold out to my partners.  I think that your graduation picture idea is great!  You could also use it for weddings and new babies.   If I find a good idea for a project, I will let you know.  Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, May 25 2011 2:24 PM

Welcome to the group Melaniee.   With the summer everyone is so busy that we have not yet come up with a group project. 

Granny M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Ah -- the best laid plans.  I traveled to Alaska (driving) from Oregon to attend my Granddaughter's high school graduation, and while I was there she cleaned out her closets, and dressers, preparing for college.  In the process, she sent me home with over 30 of her soccer shirts and jersey's.  She wants a quilt of them for college, so my nine patch and rails will be on hold.  Maybe, I'll work in some embroidery on that. 

Welcome Bob and Melaniee.  I'll continue to watch for the group project if someone comes up with one. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 230
Joanne replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 10:33 AM

Hello, There's no reason to struggle with your embroidery hoop.  They sell rubber grips that are supposed to be cushions for pencils.  I've cut these down to fit on the screw of the hoop and it makes turning it so much easier.  Also, when hooping, open the hoop as far as it will go without becoming unattached.  You should never have to force the two pieces together.  It helps to get a piece of shelf liner to put the bottom hoop on to keep it from slipping while you're hooping.  If you haven't been able to hoop in exactly the right spot you can adjust the start point of your design.  Just check your owner's manual.  There's usually a program to show each outer point of the design and the middle.  You can move your needle a little at a time to get it just right.  There are many stipples available for embroidery machines.  Hope this helps you to enjoy your machine.

Joanne

• Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use