Machine embroidery and quilting patterns

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 10:26 AM

Hi Jane.  Yes, I've downloaded designs from emblibrary on occasion too and find the designs really nice.  Do you quilt?   If so, where do you find quilting patterns that incorporate machine embrodiery designs?

Kim in Canada

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 80
Points 2,295
Jane replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 6:01 PM

Laurassewingstudio is a great site for embroiderey quilts.  I posted a double wedding ring embroidered quilt from a design on that site.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 415
bonhill replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 4:24 PM

www.emblibrary.com This is the place I get all my embroidery designs and Ideas from . They have a lot of packages, just for quilts and many great Ideas for incorporating the designs into quilts etc.  Once you purchase a few designs at full price, you can get into some Great Sales and Free things. I have two large 3 ring binders full of designs from them. And they are a VERY nice , personable company to work with. Great folks there. Give them a look.  I think I've been buying from them for 6 or 7 years now.  The first quilt  I ever made, was using their wildlife designs along with camaflage material. I made my husband a quilt for our cabin. It pretty much won him over  to justify the cost of my Viking Embroidery machine!! hee hee Pretty sneaky, hey. LOL.

Happy Threading everyone!!! :)  

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 415
bonhill replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 4:26 PM

oops . Sorry I repeated the site  Marilyn B. Posted. I didn't see her post.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:13 PM

Hi there!  Two other very nice embroidery design sites are www.embroidables.com and Designs by JuJu.  Both have fabulous designs, especially for children's projects.

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 2:52 PM

Have you tried www.secretsof.com , they have lots of designs for quilts.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 11:42 AM

Hi Marsha - I just took a look at this site and I'll navigate around to see what they offer.  Do you purchase from this site?

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:45 PM

I've bought several things from this site and have been happy with them.  They also have lots of freebies so you can try out the various designers.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Sounds good Marsha.  I will check out the site as soon as I have a spare few minutes.

What kind of embroidery machine do you have?  Have you posted any of your work in the QCA gallery for me to check out?

Kim in Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 3:27 PM

I have a Janome which I like, but if I win the lottery I'd probably change (upgrade).  I haven't posted any photos. I guess I should.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

I'd love to hear what machine you'd choose to upgrade to!

Kim

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:03 PM

oh my goodness, there are so many great machines availabe, I don't know what I'd choose.  What do you have?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Happy Halloween!

I have two old Brother machines - one I use exclusively for embroidery, the other I use for sewing.  This way, I don't have to convert the machine each time I go from sewing to embroidery.  I love them both - they are fabulous, durable and do a really nice job for me.

Kim

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi all, I have enjoyed reading and viewing all these lovely embroidery quilts. I too love to mix quilts with embroidery, I made my own quilt patterns just by using a bit of math to figure how many squares I needed to set up a few kits on Etsy several years ago. I have been quite successful with the red hat rag and the sunbonnet sue alphabet quilt kits. I do the embroidery squares and sell them as a kit then the buyer does the patchwork and the finishing. I have a layout that is sent along with the kit of squares. In the red hat an sunbonnet alphabet they are all done in redwork stitches this allows me to custom make the squares according to what my customer needed. I have made the red hatters in pinks and lavender for two gals who are under 50 and three of the red hat  reds and purple. I have sold 6 sets or kits of sunbonnet sue. Here are the original design pictures so you can see them. The designs are probably still available. redwork and multi color line designs are best if you are making a full quilt with embroidery squares. they don't become over heavy or difficult to quilt after the tops are complete. as a matter of fact they make for great sew and turn baby quilts.

the finished samples of those quilts can be seen on Caryl's Creations in facebook.

Happy sewing y'all from deep in the heart of TX Janome 10001 and wishing for the Janome 12000 when I get a round to buy and win a lottery .LMAO

Carylanne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:26 PM

I just finished this quilt.  I was inspired by an article in Quilting Arts magazine.  They told how to use Photoshop to make applique patterns from photographs.  So I did that with my dogs and then used my embroidery machine to embellish the plain squares.  I hope my photo is good enough to show that.  Too bad I can't  use this quilt near my dogs...they are white and anything black is soon white also :)

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use