rated by 0 users
This post has 760 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:57 PM

Happymrs

Just an FYI as to the way the assignments are being made if you would like to work with the group ....  there are 6 blocks assigned every 2 weeks and we have been trying to mix the up enough that there is some easy ones mixed with some of the more difficult.   However we are trying to work with blocks out of approx.  3 rows at a time so that sashing and cornerstones can be applied and rows constructed before all the blocks are made if anyone so desires.   Your blocks are beautiful and we hope that you will continue to share with us.   Threads will be opened for each block just not necessarily in order shown in the book.

Our group consist of quilters of varying stages of growth and some really like to have others to ask questions and get tips from.  This is why we are working a little out of order.  Hope this explanation helps some and doesn't sound as convoluted to you as it does to me right now....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 20,815

HappyMrs - Regardless of when/where it was posted, I just have to say, I love your block!  I'm really liking all of yours that I've seen so far.  Can't wait to see what you do with them all.  

Now I'm inspired to do this block.  Hope it gets assigned soon!  *cough*nana*cough*roxana*cough*  ;)

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 860
Points 17,090
Sue replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:24 AM

Nana,

That makes perfect sense to me!  Now all I have to do is find the perfect stripe fabric for the sashing.  I do have some in the spice bags but they are only 6" X 5" when opened so that won't work, darn!  I'll just have to keep looking.  There is a quilt shop I want to stop at in Central Texas on my way back, maybe, just maybe, they will have what I want. 

Still in Arizona, for now.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 27,415

Whoever posted the hint about using Best press on these tiny pieces, THANK YOU.  They are going together so much better

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 860
Points 17,090
Sue replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 3:20 PM

Elizabeth:

Whoever posted the hint about using Best press on these tiny pieces, THANK YOU.  They are going together so much better

You're welcome Elizabeth.  Your blocks look great!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,972
Points 384,252
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 4:53 PM

Sue:
Right now, please pray for a quick release for her.

Praying for you both Sue. Enjoy the time together.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,565
Points 48,825
Frances replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:12 PM

Just to let everyone know, i havent forgotton you all, but since im trying desperately to finish all the christmas pressies im making i wont start this one until after christmas.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 1:40 AM

Frances

As I was working on a couple of really difficult blocks I was thinking about you.  This was all your idea and now that I am working my fingers to the bone to get these blocks I haven't seen a single block being made by the "peanut gallery".    LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,565
Points 48,825
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 2:51 AM

Nana,

I didnt want you to get bored with nothing to do :-) 

I need to finish Christmas pressies as Dec 25 th can not be moved.xxx

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:15 AM

oh dear , just realized how far I have gotten behind.. I was thinking that that this past Tuesday was a release date but it was actually the week before, which means this Tuesday is another release. Oh dear I need to catch up. Only have three blocks done. But am mostly caught up with other things and can devote some time to this one.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:23 PM

okay I did get some catching up today. I still have 2 more from Oct 15 and the ones from Oct 29th to do. but I am getting there

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 20,815

Sorry if this double-posted. I tried to stop it when I realized I forgot the picture. 

This might be the only project I work on in 2014, as I've decided to do the fancy sashing on page 9. It's a lot if work, but I am quite happy with the results I'm seeing so far.  I've done 6 blocks so far. I keep telling myself it's slightly less crazy than Jacy deciding to do 2 whole quilts, but I'm not sure that's really true, because she is going to have 2 quilts at the end of this!  :)  I hope my family wasn't expecting hand made gifts from me this year!

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,045
Points 71,480
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:01 AM

Carolyn, your blocks are so pretty and the sashing fits them  perfectly. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 860
Points 17,090
Sue replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:03 AM

Carolyn, It's Awesome!  I really like what you have done so far.  Your quilt is going to be so pretty.

I still haven't decided on how to sash or finish mine.  You are so lucky to have that decision made.

Doing hand work on a project that is more than a year old while in Arizona

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 27,415
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:14 AM

Carolyn, stunning, I love you fabrics now to go look at page nine

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 30 of 51 (761 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use