General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 736 Replies | 35 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:33 AM

Eliana18:

These are from Andover.  There may not be enough but it is a good start.

Lovely - and I recognize many from my closet ;)

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505

Kris:

Corine:
I haven't decided yet on how I will piece yet, machine or hand? Could I get some feedback on the pros and cons of each, please?

Well hand piecing is portable and can be done whenever you have a spare moment. Machine piecing is faster.

Corine, I agree with Kris, hand piecing is portable.  Since I spend so much time in a truck cab, it would be difficult for me to machine quilt there!!!  Also, I love to hand piece - it is so relaxing.  I hand-pieced The Farmer's Wife Sampler, but have stopped at the last few blocks because of the many small pieces.  They are difficult to handle while the truck is bouncing and swaying!!  I need to finish that quilt at home except for the sashing.  That is easier in the truck.  I am already behind on this quilt -  fabrics will hit the washer in a few minutes.  Since I use muslin for background on these quilts, I need to wash that because of shrinkage.  I also usually wash all fabrics with color catchers in case the colors run.  Anxious to get started.  I got yesterday and today off from trucking, so am trying to get HSTs finished for MQ 9.  Also need to iron civil war fabrics after washing and cut out these first 6 blocks so I can start piecing on Thursday's long, long trucking trip.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540

so excited, but I have to go to work today, dang. Going to be a busy weekend. Still have a few blocks to finish from MQ9 but I have the feeling that the next couple of steps for it will be easy and quick.. In fact at first I couldnt figure out at first how there could be two left but I think I have an idea but I will keep it to myself incase there are others on here from there. I also was invited to do some of the "shop hop" this weekend, and if the weather isnt bad I think DH wants me to help pick grapes. And then I am trying to secretly make DH a throw quilt for Christmas. I have the material but not sure what I want to do. We have had 4 deer eating our garden, etc this year. I found a nice panel with deer and a barn in it. I found some pumpkin fabric, grapes and tomatoes that I would like to make blocks around it, with them. I think the pumpkins will be corner stones. But not sure bout the rest, call it Harvest 2013 or something. I figure might be able to work on some blocks with him sitting there unaware, at least till it is time to attach. Oh, sorry back to LUS, I guess while I am at work I can at least be thinking about fabric choices. So will the release dates be on tuesday or certain date of the month? 

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:00 AM

Tami

Each release should fall on a Tues.   The new assignments will come out every 2 weeks and since Oct 1 fell on a tues the releases should all fall on Tues.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:12 AM

okay thanks Nana, wasnt sure if it was bi-weekly or bi-monthly.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505

Instead of commenting in each block's discussion, I will comment on all 6 now.  I like everyone's blocks so far, but especially Kris's Halloween theme!  Good choice, Kris, even though you might just make a smaller wallhanging, throw, table topper or something else with that theme.  Of course,  a full-sized quilt sure would be unique!  I have been having internet issues today, especially email, so this is the only post I will try tonight.  My internet freezes every time I try to view an email, so I decided to check out everyone's blocks through the site instead.  Should do that more often!  I caught up on most posts earlier today before "Obama Care" clogged the internet.  The news said that was the problem, as so many people are trying to find out what they have to do now!  I guess those of us with Medicare are luckier, SO FAR!!  I don't think we need to do anything - - - I hope!

Need to iron my washed fabrics tonight so I can start my blocks tomorrow.  Have fun everyone!  I am sure I will.  I will cut out my kits of each block and start hand-sewing Thursday while I am in the truck.  At least these first 6 seem easy-enough to do even while bouncing around.  Might get bloody fingers, but hope the blood gets on the dark fabrics, not the muslin!

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

I  probably wont start until Nov,  going on a shop hop, hope to find fabrics I really want to use, so I will have to play catch up, which is pretty much the norm for me lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:59 PM

Leslie

Now I know you could rummage up a few pieces of fabric to get started with.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

I just love everyones fabric choices.  I finally got my book, but unable to start just yet, due to our vacation to the East Coast.  We are driving and my DH is so  patient and he stops at any quilt shop that is in our driving route. Day one and we stopped at one huge shop and I purchased many civil war fabrics to add to my collection at home.  I know I will have to play "catch up" when we get home,  but it will be well worth it.  Keep those fabulous pictures coming, they sure are inspirational.

Kathy in MI.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,859
Points 32,260
Roxana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:57 PM

I love all the blocks already posted. I finally got mine up but I am afraid I wasn't as creative with the fabric choices I used in the blocks as some others were! Great job!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Roxana:
I finally got mine up

Roxana, I like the fabrics you've used. Especially the background fabric. It's similar to one I'll be using.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,465
Jacy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:15 PM

Everyone's blocks are looking great, although I think Kris has us all beat with her Halloween blocks.

I've got mine made, now to find the camera.......

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,859
Points 32,260
Roxana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:47 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Roxana:
I finally got mine up

Roxana, I like the fabrics you've used. Especially the background fabric. It's similar to one I'll be using.

Thanks, Judy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Oh your so right Nana, but nothing is screaming out saying pick me at this time lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:47 PM

Marsha-SM:
I like everyone's blocks so far, but especially Kris's Halloween theme!  Good choice, Kris, even though you might just make a smaller wallhanging, throw, table topper or something else with that theme.  Of course,  a full-sized quilt sure would be unique!

Thanks Marsha. The goal is to do the entire quilt. I am already auditioning border fabric.

Page 23 of 50 (737 items) «Prev2122232425Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use