rated by 0 users
This post has 734 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:34 PM

Elaine Phillips:

Oct 1st already? I haven't even started MQ9. So I'm thinking I won't. I will need to focus all my attention on this one. I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait. 

I think I am with you, Elaine. That would be one less pressure!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:06 PM

Elaine and Roxana

What am I going to do with you ladies?  I am doing both and trying to keep everyone moving along as well as getting ready for a  retreat amongst hundreds of other things.   Don't know what to think here......

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:17 PM

Nana, I hope you are jesting! I do have the fabric for MQ9 and my husband  even likes it! But I haven't started cutting yet.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:38 PM

Nana:
I am doing both

I am too Nana.  I say the more the merrier.  What's one more quilt top to keep track of?  My fabric is lovely for both, the sewing is keeping me sane. Liking both of them.......

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,975
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:01 PM

Mimi:

Nana:
I am doing both

I am too Nana.  I say the more the merrier.  What's one more quilt top to keep track of?  My fabric is lovely for both, the sewing is keeping me sane. Liking both of them.......

Now I feel that pressure again. I guess I had better start cutting so I can sew HSTs tomorrow afternoon! My fabric is lovely too. If both of you can do both, I'm sure I can too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:15 PM

Yes Roxana I am jesting.  You guys know what you are able to do.   I am not sure how I am getting everything done...LOL.   Sometimes I work best under pressure.  Maybe that came from working 20 yrs as a critical care RN.  I always seem to focus better when the pressure is on.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:18 PM

I have been working ahead so that I will have each assignments blocks done before the assignment.   I will say that I easily got the first 6 done in one day.  When we start working with templates things will slow down some but they still aren't too bad yet.  

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:24 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Oct 1st already? I haven't even started MQ9. So I'm thinking I won't. I will need to focus all my attention on this one. I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait.

I downloaded the MQ9 patterns yesterday - does that count?  It's something to look forward to this winter.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I know, nana. Just call me a slacker! I worked at the shop today, we had a grand opening for our new shop, and we had non stop traffic. I am sitting in my recliner with my feet up and I may not be able to get out of it to go to bed!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:30 PM

Elaine

Just push back and go to sleep....LOL>   Poor Roxana doesn't know me well enough....she was going to take me serious....LOL>   I knew that Elaine the Slacker would understand...ROFLOL   Hope things calm down a little at the quilt shop.   It is nice to be busy but not totally covered up.   Does your shop do online sales?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:45 PM

Nana, I am sure those of us who work or need pressure to be at our best, find jobs that require that  or we would be jobless quickly ha ha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Nana:
Does your shop do online sales?

Nana, our shop does not do online sales. That is one thing Pat says she will never do. I say "never say never" but at this point she has no interest in that. I worked again today, and we weren't nearly as busy. They all came yesterday. I did put together a baby quilt top for her great grandson who was born premie and now weighs 2.8 pounds. He's making progress.

Yes, Nana, I know you pretty well. I noticed that poor Roxanne was taking you a little too seriously! Love you, Nana!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:35 PM

I picked up some fat quarters at the quilt festival for a buck a piece, I am hoping they will work for the quilt. I only bought 10, because that was all I had left in cash. I may get more tomorrow. I was in a hurry because I had already called DH to pick me. even though I still shopped, I still had to wait for him. I think he is learning that I cant get from the back to the front without stopping. so ready really doesnt mean ready. but I am also learning to pick up on that "I am done" look too

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:38 AM

Love you too Elaine.   Sounds like the baby is progressing well.   Is he home yet?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:36 AM

I did my best to take a pic of the fat quarters I picked up. some how one of the blues isnt that same as the others.... anyway do you think these will work for period fabrics?

• Post Points: 35
Page 20 of 49 (735 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use