General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 760 Replies | 34 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:01 AM

My book isn't due until Monday, but I did find a few nice (and reasonable ) fabrics on the Site posted above (Nana's Creations)

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 859
Points 17,070
Sue replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:54 AM

HI Corine,

Welcome to the group!  I see you are from Tehachapi, DH and I were there last summer visiting one  of the guys he went to High School with.  From his back porch you can see the loop.  Wonderful place, lots of birds and trains too, and the weather was wonderful in August!

I'm originally from the San Fernando Valley.

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:18 AM

well I did think my fabric was odd when I looked at it. (loved it) but odd that that was what I ordered. I looked it up on line and yea one is not what I order. Looks like what I ordered is sold out now. So, just a caution that may sub without notice. I have emailed them to see if this was the case but to early to hear back from them.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205
Corine replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:40 PM

I'm from Tehachapi a small town in the mountains of California about 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles. I agree, this is almost like the pen pals we used to have as kids back in the day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,683
Points 138,380

Corine:
I agree, this is almost like the pen pals we used to have as kids back in the day.

Corine, you remember Pen Pals?  They were so much fun. How I wish I'd saved the letters I received. I guess pen pals have now been replaced with Facebook.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205
Corine replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:39 PM

Yes, they were an assignment when I was in the 5th grade. My pen pal was from England, I sure wish I had appreciated the assignment and the letters back and forth more then I did back then. I guess this type of online program is the perfect replacement for it. And I get to be inspired by people of like mind. This is great.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:14 AM

I got a reply from Nanacreations online. And it was an error. she is sending me the fabric at no charge. So, guess I got a yd and half free. I also told her how happy everyone was with the fabric and spend of shipment. 

I have been thinking about my background. And thought it would be nice to have some of it appear to be scraps of soldier uniform. I looked it up and what I found was " prussian blue " for most and "rifle green" was the first camo for sharpshooters. So now to find some prussian blue to randomly throw in

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:56 PM

well I got my book done. It cost me 6.58 for the whole thing. I bought a nicer binder and went for a 1 in just incase. it was 2.00 to cut and .05 to punch the wholes and of course we have high sales tax here

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Thanks go out to Judy T., Jeanette, Jacy, Nana & Karla, for all your wonderful advice.  I did order my book from Amazon the day I joined his group and it should arrive this Thursday.  I can't wait!!! Although we will be on vacation the first 21/2 weeks of October, I will try to at least see what is going on with the group on the hotels computers. The fun part of this will be that I will be able to go to some quilt shops in another part of the country that I will probably never go to again.  So I will be on the hunt for some great civil war fabrics.  I can't wait.  Thanks again.

Kathy in MI.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 20,780

Well, I am a happy girl today.  Many of you know, I've been planning to make this quilt a blue and white.  I love blue and white quilts and this will be my first.  I have been collecting Carolina Blues for a while, but I'm light on Navy's and darker blues to add depth and just generally short on fabrics.  When I sat down to check yesterday's mail this morning, I could not have asked for a better surprise... Connecting Threads just released their latest fabric lines and one of them is blue and whites - with emphasis on the darker shades.  Just exactly what I needed.

Here's what I have so far:

And here is the new CT:

I am also taking Wednesday and Thursday off this week to go on a 2-day bus tour shop hop.  Who was it that challenged me to go overboard with fabric for this one?  Bring it on!  :D

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:51 PM

Carolyn, have fun on your shop hop

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,563
Points 48,770
Frances replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:39 PM

Carolyn,

Your quilt will be stunning.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 1,825
Denise replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 1:10 PM

I got my book from Connecting Threads, and just received the Civil War Jubilee Collection from Keepsake Quilting.  I probably would have had enough in my stash, but didn't want to take a chance.  I can always use more. Ha ha.  The whittles website was great and I plan on ordering some from there too.  The prices were great. Can't wait to get started.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,403
Points 29,605
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 4:08 PM

Denise :
just received the Civil War Jubilee Collection from Keepsake Quilting.

Hope you didn't have the problems I had getting my Civil War Jubilee Collection.  They sent me the 10" collection instead of the Fat Quarters.  I just got the Fat Quarters Thursday and told them to charge me for the 10" pack as well so I will have extra fabric.  I didn't want to spend the money, but had the fabrics in my hand and didn't want to return the smaller pieces, so just "bit the bullet" and added them to the pile.  Rich growled about the credit card bill, but I told him that I "needed" the fabric.  I also bought fabric for another grandson's graduation quilt for next year while I could find it.  Rich knew I was buying them, but just wanted to pick on me!!  I have to take pictures of the collection before I wash them.  I needed to sit for a while after getting out of the truck Thursday, so folded the Fat Quarters small enough so that I could spread them out enough to show the prints and colors better than Keepsake's pictures.  I still need to get some yellow-oranges for the cornerstones and to use in the quilt.  I also need sashing, probably a stripe of some kind.  The muslin for background is sitting here in a 14 1/2 yd bolt begging for me to wash it.  Maybe tomorrow after taking the pictures of the collection laid out on the muslin.    

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 1,825
Denise replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 6:13 PM

Marsha,

No I did not have the problems you did, thank goodness.  I have a lot of extra fabrics to use.  I also do not have a sashing fabric.  I am not sure what to do about that.  I have enough of one background fabric or I could use several.  I am not sure what I will do yet.  Soon we will be able to start!

Page 18 of 51 (761 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use