Oct 15 Best Friend A-8 pg 18

rated by 0 users
This post has 92 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Tami,

Your block is beautiful.  I love the brown and orange together.  I would not have thought to put gree with it but it really bring out the block.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 7:08 AM

Love this one Tami. It looks like the block is on fire. WTG.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 9:12 AM

Thanks Jeanette and Bonita. The green came in because I had bought it for border on the MQ9, but didn't work for me. When I was in Portland ( and met some awesome quilters) I purchased one of those twister squares. I was just playing with it, and though the green in. It worked. But I didn’t realize that it took 4 blocks to complete the twister, so that didn’t really work for me. I was able to rearrange the blocks and make two strips that worked for the top and bottom of the deer panel. I had to fill in some fabric with grapes to fill out the side of the panel. I know am trying to make some small blocks to give it a little more width. Odd that you said it looks like fire. Before I even made this block I was thinking of calling the lap quilt either “ seeing red” or “harvest 2013. We had 4 deer living in the vineyard this year, eating DH’s tomatoes and other crops. He put up some hotwire but that only worked for about 2 weeks and they started jumping through it. He has been threatening them all spring and summer. But they did make it through hunting season just fine. I would post a pic but not sure where would be a good place to post, I don’t want to clog up this thread with “other” clutter.  ( still haven’t figured out how I am going to get it quilted, without DH seeing. Guess it will be sweet and simple)

Everyone’s blocks look awesome, and checked out the new blocks look fun. I didn’t realize how small the pieces are for 6.5 blocks. Good practice I suppose.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,822
Points 352,462
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 1:41 PM

Marsha, kudos to you doing this by hand. Pretty block.

Tami I like your wild block. Your DH will love this quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,960
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 10:23 PM

You are such an accomplished hand piecer, Marsha.  Wonderful job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 5:23 PM

Tami, i like your block with the dark and light reversed, looks good!

Everyone 's blocks look good, especially considering how small some of these pieces are. I had a moment of insanity and fussycut my small squares, for the darker one I just cut a strip and only fussy cut the center square, much easier.....and faster too!

• Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 6:25 PM

Jacy really nice.  I love your fussy cuts.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 8:00 PM

Two more great blocks.Fussy cutting the reds were worth the trouble, Jacy.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Jacy I love both your blocks but the first one really catches my eye.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,960
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 5:47 AM

Jacy:
I had a moment of insanity and fussycut my small squares

Not a moment of insanity....a moment of genius.  Great job on both of them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:00 PM

Thanks again ladies!

If I try to do more than a few posts my posts get sent to be moderated?

I would like to reply to each one individually if QCA would just let me :-(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,822
Points 352,462
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 3:29 AM

Jacy,

your blocks are fabulous. Love the fussy cuts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting the moderation errors.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:23 AM

awesome blocks Jacy. Are you doing two quilt tops? While at work I have been thinking. I love the look of my block but I don't know whether it will work in DH quilt. The blocks going across the top are big blocks ( 4-8" blocks to make the twist), and this being such small pieces would be going down the side. I may still make make a couple for each side and then maybe find .... like a med sized block to space it. Oh, son sent text asking if he needs to bring his own dishes for leftovers. So, looks like he is coming home for thanksgiving. So, now need to clean house and spare room.... oh, where can I buy some time. Feel like I am falling behind... but I know I will get it done. worthless till the pressure is on, then I can perform miracles lol

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,960
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:00 PM

Tami Paul:
but I know I will get it done. worthless till the pressure is on, then I can perform miracles lol

Tami, It's so good to know there is another person out there like me.  I too have that same malady.  But somehow it all gets done.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:36 PM

Tami Paul:
awesome blocks Jacy. Are you doing two quilt tops?

Thanks Tami. And yes, I am making two quilts, mostly just because I was indecisive and couldn't decide which fabrics I liked better.

Tami Paul:
worthless till the pressure is on, then I can perform miracles lol

Oh Boy that is me too! I have family arriving starting Dec 4th, some staying at our house, and my daughter's wedding Dec 14th. Here I am sewing blocks while procrastinating on altering/hemming wedding and bridesmaid dresses, and I have lots to do to make my house more presentable. But I know i'll be doing a mad dash closer to that date, that seems to be the way it is. Besides if I clean my house too early the kids will just mess it up again!

Page 5 of 7 (93 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use