This post has 755 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:08 PM

Tami Paul:
well hello all you strangers.

Welcome back Tami. Life certainly gets in the way of quilting sometimes. We'll be here cheering you on when you get back to it. I've fallen behind as well. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:30 PM

I've got one more block to do to be caught up, hopefully I'll get a chance to do it tomorrow, then I can start on the next assignment so it will be posted with examples on time for a change.  No promises though as life does seem to get in the way at times, as does babysitting and my daughter's move into the house she just bought.  Thank goodness it is only a mile or so from where she is renting now, but it is a 2-story, so I don't think DH and I will be helping move anything into the bedrooms upstairs.  I think they're just going to want me to babysit Logan, the 21-month old, but believe me that is harder than doing the moving part I think.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, May 11 2014 4:45 PM

Karla, I think babysitting, though harder, is better than moving. I really don't like packing and un-packing. My suitcase is till packed from my trip home last summer.

I haven't moved but I took apart my quilting frame this weekend and I'm in the middle of moving furniture around and cleaning up a bit. I'm wishing I never started but I need the space ready for my new machine. I'm finding things I thought I'd lost and things I don't remember buying. LOL.

I've been work in one hour chunks of time and my current break (dinner) is now over. Back to the grind. I hope I can get a block sewn before I retire for the evening. I cut it during one of my breaks. I'll be lucky if I can move tomorrow.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

The old saying "Life happens" is sure true.  I have been away for a while.  Fortunately, it was for fun, not illness.  My best to you who are struggling with that.  DH and I just got back from a trip. We visited 13 states (but crossed state borders 22 times so we hit some states 3 and 3 times). A lot of driving. We started in Colorado and went through Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.  Of course we stopped at some quilt stores on the way. 

Lots of fun and visiting with family and friends. Time to get back to my machine!

Martha,

Parker, CO

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Mon, May 19 2014 9:43 PM

Martha, I'm glad you had such a great time. It's good to have you back.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, May 21 2014 6:18 PM

Martha,  Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, especially the quilt stores along the way.  When we travel like that we just take a fairly straight shot from WNY to Texas going through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, a corner of Missouri, Arkansas, then Texas.  Rich doesn't like exploring like I do and avoids cities like they are war zones!!  If we ever saw a quilt shop, I don't think he would stop.  One time we missed a turn and had to take back roads to get back to the main drag and he nearly lost it!  He takes the same route every time we go to daughter's.  I would think someone who drags a cattle trailer all over Western NY would be able to handle a detour, but he couldn't.  Another time he missed a turn on the main highway to Houston (after saying he would never drive in Houston) and lost it when the fog parted and we saw the skyline of Houston ahead!!  We had to find a parking lot at the next exit and he called our daughter to send out the rescue squad.  She sent her step-daughter to lead us back to the safety of the suburbs and their home.  We haven't been west of Houston on our own, but have taken the Southern route home by way of Georgia.  Our 3rd oldest grandson was based in Georgia and married a Georgia girl, so we can say we have been to Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia also.  Didn't see much of the other 3 states, but stayed 3 days in Georgia.  This is the grandson that is now stationed in Germany with his wife and 2 sons - both born in Germany.  We have seen the 2 yr old a few times, but have seen only a few pictures of the baby on Facebook.  They still have more than a year left over there.  The baby will be 2 yrs old before we see him.

As for LUS, I haven't just fallen behind as Kris has (barely) but have totally fallen off the map.  I have had 5 quilts to make for graduation presents - extra-long twins for those hard-to-fit dorm beds.  I now have 3 tops done, including another MQ8, and have 2 more to go.  Am cutting out #4 today - 60 all different wildlife attic windows blocks surrounding a deer panel for 5th grandson.  Made 2 like it last year for his brother and a grand nephew.  The 5th quilt will be much simpler.

Have fun getting back to your machine.  I will be happy to get back to LUS which I am doing by hand, and get back on the road again.  Rich has a neighbor riding with him now so that I can get these quilts done, but I guess my "vacation" from the rough roads is almost over.  The neighbor will probably go back to logging on Monday, if the rain ever stops so he can get in the woods.  It has been too wet all spring to wallow around in the woods and cut trees.  Also, dragging the logs out in all this mud makes rutted roadways and muddy logs.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Marsha, I envy your ability to sew while in the truck.  I thought about you several times while we were traveling, wishing I could do that.  Between bumpy roads, bad eyes and clumsy fingers I just didn't dare try. I did take some crochet along with me.  

My DH loves to take those side trips. He was in the farm lending business for years and likes to see the countryside and check out the fields. He also likes to drive LOONG days. 

Good luck getting all those quilts finished. I am sure everyone receiving the quilts will love them. 

Martha

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,841
Points 248,954
Barbara replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:36 AM

wow this is a beautiful quilt maybe I'll get to make it someday , still not back to sewing yet , have done a couple of very simple blocks  but I will keep working on it  Glad to see so many doing this  Awesome .... Barbara.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Thu, May 29 2014 3:10 PM

Barbara, It's so good to see you posting again.  Patiently giving yourself time to recover is best for now.  You know slow and steady wins the race.  I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how things were going.  Good that you are trying to keep in touch.  I miss you and your sweet ways.  Hope to hear more in the days ahead.  Lots of <<<Hugs>>> from me to you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,937
Points 33,710
Roxana replied on Thu, May 29 2014 4:12 PM

Barbara, welcome back! We have missed you so very much!

On a different note, I have some new neighbors who have just moved here after living in Liberty, MO, for about 27 years. I met them last night! Small world!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Thu, May 29 2014 5:45 PM

Barbara,

it's really good to see you posting. I've missed you on here.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,934
Points 125,235

Barbara, welcome back. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I've been AWOL for a while. I'm loving all the blocks. I need to get back to this LUS. I'm teaching a color and design class, and am starting a BOM that I will be running in September, and am trying to get that going. Plus I just got back from Augusta, GA and Savannah for a week. And I am leaving tomorrow on a road trip with a friend to Rosareta Beach, Mexico for 2 weeks. I just have no time for this quilt right now. But I am still keeping up getting the assignments written down, and will get back to it someday soon, I hope.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 16,425
Sue replied on Sat, May 31 2014 4:10 PM

Hi All,

Don't have much time/battery left now, hope to get more when we reach Skagway.  The blocks that I've been able to see are great.  Hope to be able to post mine in Skagway, about 2 days from now.  We are having a fantastic time!  Miss keeping up with you all, but hope to soon.

Hugs from Alaska!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:06 AM

Wow Elaine, you sure are busy. Thanks for checking in.

Page 47 of 51 (756 items) «Prev4546474849Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use