General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 736 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I did manage to get two more blocks done ,but have not posted them yet. They were Railroad crossing and Memory Chain ones.  I now have 36 blocks completed

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:20 AM

New Assignment for the Loyal Union Soldier Group!

#15 (4/22-5/5): New Jersey, H-2, pages 66 and 118; New York State, H-3, pages 67 and 119; Pinwheel Star, H-10, page 71; Potomac, H-11, page 72; Rhode Island, I-4, pages 75, 106, and 120; Richmond, I-5, pages 76 and 120

Please post your pictures and tips in this appropriate thread! .... And questions!

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 11:08 PM

I now have a total of 48 Blocks completed

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:25 PM

Managed to make 4 more blocks today which now brings my total blocks completed to 52

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get back to sewing on this quilt. I was 9 assignments behind. I have completed the blocks for 12/31 and will shortly be away from my machine again. Will I ever catch up? 

I was helping a beginner friend on a quilt she is making for her grandson and took fabric and patterns to her house.  While she sewed I cut pieces.  I now 7 blocks made and pieces cut for 12 more.. I will post the blocks later today (I hope).

I have also been trying to catch up with the posts.  I had notices for over 800 posts in my email and have whittled that down to 650.  I love all the blocks I have seen so far. Way to many for me to comment on each one. I would never get any other sewing done!

Well, off to clean house, then maybe I can sew again tonight!

Martha

Parker, CO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 3:13 PM

I finished my co worker's quilt and thought today would be a good day to get back to these blocks. For some reason I made a nine inch block instead of a six inch. I called it a day and decided to do laundry and relax on the couch instead. Maybe tomorrow my head will be back in it.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 3:29 PM

Oh Kris, spring must be in the air, or something is in the water! LOL.

Carol and Pat, You both have done an amazing job with your blocks, WTG girls!

I'll get this last assignment posted in a bit then I will be off line for a while.  IF DH gets his chores done tomorrow, we will head out with the trailer Tuesday.  First stop will be north of Dallas for a few days of R & R then on to Kansas to see my cousin.  From there we will head to Dawson Creek, BC to join our group going to Alaska.  Posts will be few and far between as we travel.  I do hope to be able to keep up with the blocks, I have made kits for all the remaining ones, now to just sew them up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful summer!

Hugs to all!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:11 PM

Sue:
Oh Kris, spring must be in the air, or something is in the water! LOL.

LOL Sue. I voting for in the air.

Have a great trip. I will look forward to hearing about it when you return or if you can check in while traveling.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Kris, I love it!!!

I miss you ladies.  I am really hoping I can find some time to get back to my quilting and QCA before too long.  Truth be told, I've gotten really sick with an autoimmune condition and that combined with everything else going on over the past months and I haven't accomplished much.  It started a couple years ago, but got really bad these past 6-8 months or so.  However, I FINALLY got approval for a new medication last week and I'm very hopeful that this will be a big turnaround for me and I'll be able to accomplish a lot more.  Honestly, I had been sleeping so much - It might really be like getting a few extra hours added to my day.  I'm planning to use those hours to take back some of the "me" time I've lost.  

Anyway, I don't have time now to get caught up, but I just wanted to pop on and let you ladies know that I miss you and I really am planning to come back any day now!!

<3

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Mon, May 5 2014 7:15 PM

Carolyn sorry you weren't well. I hope the new meds work for you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Tue, May 6 2014 11:04 AM

well hello all you strangers. Been a while, hope all has been well. I wasnt able to get on, figured it was the site. then still couldnt figured maybe I was just missing the days it worked as I would get messages that others were getting on, but that has happened before too. I finally wrote, took them a bit to get back. All is well now, they said I changed my password?? As for my blocks well nope haven't done anything there. my db came to town, trip up to spokane for more surgery for DFL, oh well. Oh then dh decided we need chickens so suddenly I was the mother of 16 baby chicks, and needing to build them a home. I plan to get back on track but it is looking llike the plants in the green house are needing to move to the garden, ya.. hopefully soon, it will be to hot and I can stay inside. take care Tami

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Tue, May 6 2014 11:12 AM

Nancy Zieman's blog today is about the Loyal Union Soldier.

http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/quilt-expo/jennifer-chiaverini-stories-the-loyal-union-sampler/

Oh, and the new assignments have been posted!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Hi Tami, welcome back. Good to see Walla Walla represented once again.

I'm hoping more will come back now that QCA is working so well again. At least I haven't had any problems and find it fast and dependable once again.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Tue, May 6 2014 11:19 AM

thanks Judy, and I got a new tab 3 that lets me log on when I am away from home, my phone never would, so that will help some. kind of scared to see how far behind I am now!

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:07 PM

Thanks for the link and the new assignments Roxana.

Page 46 of 50 (737 items) «Prev4445464748Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use