General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 722 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,455
Points 116,535

Wow, Marsha, you folks are really getting hit this year. Stay home, stay safe if at all possible. Great time to quilt. 

You'll get used to the new computer but it sure can be confusing and frustrating. Even though I'm someone who loves techno things, I was also cussing when Windows 8 came out and I had to set up a new computer for one of my bookkeeping clients and then teach them how to use it. I growled, I grumbled and snarled at Microsoft. Believe me when I say my client came away with a whole new impression of me.

I have the LUS top completed but won't get to layering and quilting it for several weeks. My sewing/office room is torn apart while I'm trying to reorganize. It had gotten so bad I couldn't think; stacks here, piles there. Worse than a Fibber Mcgee closet (for those of you old enough to remember Fibber Mcgee and Molly) I need order so that's my project for however long it takes.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 797
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 3:38 PM

Carolyn, good to see you back on.

Wow Marsha!  You need to get out of that snow!  Here in East Texas today is Sunny, mid 60's, breezy to windy ( a front is moving thru) and the bluebonnets are pushing up ready to bloom.  My dogwood tree is putting out buds.  The redbud trees have been blooming for about two weeks now.  Hope things get better for you Marsha, real soon!

I fought Windows 8 for the longest time too, even had DH walking away from me swearing under his breath, he is a computer wiz and couldn't understand my frustration.

Judy when you get your sewing room reorganized, please come do mine!  I too have piles here and there and on the chairs and floor.  Still trying to figure out what I want to put in the RV for when we go to Alaska.  I WILL take some quilting stuff with me, most likely the LUS and the tumbling blocks I've been working on since 2012 (that one is all had pieced and will be hand quilted too).

The eyes are getting better, I think, this am the right one was slightly swollen but the left looked good.  Right now I just have a whopping headache.  Got to go take something real soon.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,325
Points 27,960
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:00 PM

Sue:
Wow Marsha!  You need to get out of that snow!  Here in East Texas today is Sunny, mid 60's, breezy to windy ( a front is moving thru) and the bluebonnets are pushing up ready to bloom.  My dogwood tree is putting out buds.  The redbud trees have been blooming for about two weeks now.  Hope things get better for you Marsha, real soon!

Sue, we usually are in your area this time of year visiting our daughter in Montgomery.  We haven't been there for the last 2 Springs (YOUR Spring - our snow) and I really miss the redbuds, dogwoods and bluebonnets.  Hope we can make it down this Fall.  We are usually there twice a year when your weather isn't too hot.  I don't handle heat and humidity well but really don't like the weather we are having right now!!!  It is still snowing - over 10 inches so far.  The snow is supposed to ease up during the night but the wind is howling right now and is supposed to continue tomorrow with wind-chills of -20 to -30 or so.  Wish I could cuddle up to the wood stove and quilt, but we have to truck cattle tomorrow.  I guess my blanket-like warm fuzzy jacket will have to stay out for a few more days.  At least I will get a few more blocks put together or maybe get 2 more rows on the first corner to finish the first 5 x 5 block section.

Sorry your eyes are bothering you.  One year when we were down there I was bothered badly by the pine pollen.  That affected my eyes - such bad itching!  Good to hear that one eye is getting better.  The other one will soon follow.   Hope your headache left you quickly.  I battled one myself this morning - I am very sensitive to storms and usually get headaches when they are on the way.    

You are planning to go to Alaska and we wish we were out of the cold.  When we were younger we had planned to get an RV and travel - - then Rich decided he had driven too many large vehicles - all kinds of farm machinery and trucks with cattle trailers and opted for a small suburban, motels and HOT SHOWERS!  Also, it is nice for me not to have to cook on the road!  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 797
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:58 AM

Karla,

Did I miss the Nevada block page?  Didn't see it on the discussion list.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of Spring.   Both of our vehicles turned that lovely shade of pollen green this week as did the RV, which I really need to get in and clean- the inside, not the outside...yet!

Bluebonnets are blooming, Hosta are popping up and the dogwood is putting out flowers.  The one at the historical cemetery is pink and is blooming too.  Guess Spring has finally arrived, although you couldn't prove it by the temps expected next week.  Lows in the 30's and highs only in the low 50's.

Ladies, I want to thank you all for your comments on my blocks and say that everyone's look great.

Happy Sunday All!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 8:58 PM

Spring hasn't arrived here yet in spite of what the calendar says. It s**wed yesterday and we're expecting another big storm this week. We've barely been above freezing. I've been in bed most of the day (headache) with a hot water bottle and a heat pack.

Have a great week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,455
Points 116,535

Sorry about your headache Kris. I keep hoping you will beat those nasty things.

Lovely weather here in the PNW today. Not so lovely news though. Huge mud slide took out most of a small community about 45 miles from us and only a few miles from my daughters place. She doesn't have to evacuate but could have a problem getting to work when all that mud and debri breaks loose that has dammed up in the river. Horribly sad.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 30,005
Roxana replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:38 PM

Hope your head is better today, Kris.

Judy, keep us posted on your daughter's situation. Terribly sad in the news today.

I just posted the new threads for the assignment 13.

(3/25-4/7): Memory, G-5, page 60; Memory Chain, G-6, pages 61 and 118; Michigan Beauty, G-7, pages 62 and 115; Minnesota’s Lady Slipper, G-8, pages 62 and 118; Peace and Plenty, H-7, page 69; Pennsylvania, H-8, page 70

I found the last two to be by far the easiest if you are saving those for last! I'd certainly suggest that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:45 PM

Sorry Sue.  It was only letting me start a new page and post a picture about once every 2-3 hours...I went to bed before I got them all posted and guess I forgot about it the next day.  I'll try to add it now.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 797
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:08 PM

Thanks Karla,

Well I was locked out today for the first time.  Seems like whatever update they did put me in an endless loop on the sign in page.  DH helped me get signed in just now.  Have to go change my password, again!  But at least I'm in now.

Sure appreciate all you do for us Karla.

Hugs,

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:10 PM

Judy I saw the news about the mudslide and was wondering if any of you were affected. Such and awful thing to read about.

I'm mostly recovered from that migraine on Sunday. I'm really sick of all the aches and pains.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:11 PM

Thanks for the new assignments Roxana. I've fallen behind. I hope to get sewing time each day this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,455
Points 116,535

Kris:

Judy I saw the news about the mudslide and was wondering if any of you were affected. Such and awful thing to read about. I'm mostly recovered from that migraine on Sunday. I'm really sick of all the aches and pains.

Kris, thanks for asking. The slide is horrible. It's about 40 miles southeast of us across the valley from my daughter's place. They are OK but have to be careful as they have to cross the river twice on their way to anywhere and there is a danger of that dammed up wall of mud and debris breaking loose. So they keep a close eye on the news before venturing out.

I can only imagine how weary and frustrated you are of all your headaches. I wish I could wave some magic dust over you. If I had some magic dust that is.

I have been having a horrible time getting signed on. Finally, got in through IE by allowing pop ups.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 797
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:57 PM

Judy, we've been watching the news here too and it is horrible!  We know just where that is since we once camped very near there at a former Thousand Trails Park.  That area is/was so beautiful!  The year we were there is the year that the visitor center was opened for Mt St Helens, another breathtaking area that mother nature played with.

DH has cousins just north of the Seattle area and I just heard that my cousin moved south to the Yelm area.

Kris sure hope those nasty headaches are soon gone for good.  Sending you healing hugs ((( ))) !

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:27 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I can only imagine how weary and frustrated you are of all your headaches. I wish I could wave some magic dust over you. If I had some magic dust that is.

I wish you had some too. My doctors finally seem to be coming to the conclusion that I have some inflammatory process going on. Blood work doesn't show much so now there's talk of seeing a rheumatologist even though I requested a referral to one a long time ago. It really sucks that my PCP committed suicide in January (still not over that) and I had to find a new one which hasn't been easy.

I just want a day without pain every now and that. Not too much to ask.

I'm glad your daughter and family are OK one pray it doesn't get worse out there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:34 PM

Sue:
Kris sure hope those nasty headaches are soon gone for good.  Sending you healing hugs ((( ))) !

Thanks Sue.

Page 43 of 49 (723 items) «Prev4142434445Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use