General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 722 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 11:23 AM

Judy, I love your top. What size blocks did you create? These look larger than 6" to me.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Thanks Roxana.  They are 6" blocks. Maybe they look larger because they are on point with 2-1/4" sashing. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Thanks Martha. This one will go in our guest room. My sister and 2 of her daughters are coming for a visit this summer so gotta spruce the place up a bit. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:49 PM

For those of us who are only able to get on QCA sporadically, we have opened up a thread on QATW for the Loyal Union Soldier Assignments and posts. My posts on QCA are still hit and miss. The ERROR message shows up more often than not.

http://quiltingaroundtheworld.com/forum/yaf_postst5752_Loyal-Union-Soldier.aspx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,423
Points 40,365
Mimi replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:08 PM

Quite lovely Judy.  The sashing surely does accent the quilt well.  Nice job.  Someday I'll finish mine but it's gonna be the whole enchilada.  Way to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Thanks Mimi. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,917
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 12:29 AM

Beautiful quilt top Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Kris, thank you 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,673
Points 65,760
Bonita replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 5:49 AM

Beautiful top Judy.I like the sashing you did.  Are you going to make the other 50 blocks and do another top with them?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Bonita:
Beautiful top Judy.I like the sashing you did.  Are you going to make the other 50 blocks and do another top with them?

Thanks Bonita. I do plan to continue making the blocks and have a "stash" of 6" blocks to use when I need to make a lap quilt quickly.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 10:00 PM

I finally finished all of Row F, have them sashed and sewn together.  I hope I can add them to the other 5 rows tonight...whoopee, that means its a little more than half way done.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 798
Points 15,930
Sue replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 3:23 PM

Judy I do like what you have done with the first group.  Had to magnify the page to see the sashing, which I just love BTW!  I'm suffering from a really bad bacterial infection of the eyes since the middle of Feb.  They are swollen almost shut most of the time, itch constantly and water like I'm crying.  Been to the Doc 3 times now and he has given me 4 different scripts to try.  The latest yesterday, now he says it might be pollen allergies!  I've never had that before.  Oh H--L!   And we leave for Alaska the end of April!  I told him to get it cleared up before we leave.  I don't want to fight with this while we are gone.

Enough ranting, Liking what everyone is doing with their blocks, I will be taking sewing machine and stuff to work on this while we are gone, may not be able to read or post much due to spotty internet connections, but will try when we do get them. 

Keep up the great work Ladies!  I am enjoying this so much.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Sue, that's awful about your eye infection. Even if it is pollen allergy, still painful. You're right, you have to get it cleared up before leaving on a long trip. I envy you the trip. Always wanted to take our RV on a trip to Alaska but that never worked out. Took a cruise once and desperately want to go back.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Judy - WOW!!!  That is SO beautiful!!  

Sue - sorry about your eye infection.  It sounds awful.  

I miss you ladies.  Haven't been doing any quilting lately.  Just these darn house projects... and seedstarting and baby chicks.  Oh, I have one charity quilt that I've been working on, but it hardly counts.  

I really want to get back to my LUS.  I do check in every once in a while and see what you all have been doing and it's wonderful.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 1:50 PM

Judy, I really like your quilt, especially the border and on-point setting.  That is a much better size than the monster I am making.

I have the top left corner of my quilt put together - blocks A 1 - A 5, B 1 - B 5, C 1 - C 5.  The first 5 blocks of rows D and E are ready to add sashing and cornerstones and will soon be added for a 5 block x 5 block start  -  an easier size to handle in the truck.  I am planning to do in book order for this first quilt.  Most of blocks 6  - 11 for these rows are nearly finished also to be sashed to put together for right corner.

I am finally back on-line. Lost internet for good on Feb 13.  It turned out to be a computer problem along with our weak internet signal.  The computer no longer was able to read USB devices that contained their own drivers like my internet modem and cordless mouse.  I got a new laptop 1 1/2 weeks ago and have been fighting with Windows 8.1 ever since.  Now I have a computer that tries to think for me!!  Anyone coming in the house would think I have lost it because I am yelling at the computer.  

Someday  I will make peace with Microsoft's latest "wonder"  (or maybe just submit to it).  Still have all my quilting "stuff" to transfer over to this computer, including EQ's 5, 6, and 7 (have to find the books with the discs first!!!)  Haven't been out of the truck long enough to try looking.  At least I am catching up on blocks while bumping over our horrible roads.  I am getting better at dropping my needle at the start of a bump instead of driving the needle nearly to the bone.  Reflexes are getting much better.  Won't be going anywhere this afternoon.  All counties in Western New York are closed to only emergency travel.  We were in the middle of the storm when we got home from my therapy this morning.  Snow just started when we left home and roads were nearly impassable by the time we got to therapy 1 hour later.  After an hour there, they were calling everyone -  patients and therapists alike - because they were closing down at noon.  It was 11:00 at the time.  The receptionist said her road was already closed so she wasn't going to be able to go home.  Semi's were everywhere.  We followed one for about 100 feet up a small hill while he alternately spun (and smoked) his tires and inched ahead.  We were finally able to get around him.  4 wheel drive is a necessity around here.  Another semi "kissed" a guardrail and a few hundred feet further another trucker was putting on his chains.  That was the only way to get up that hill.  The troopers and plows and sand trucks were busy.

I am going to make a few more blocks while watching the snow blow by.  Now I hope this posts.  Haven't tried lately. Sorry this is so long-winded.

Marsha - Western New York

Page 42 of 49 (723 items) «Prev4041424344Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use