General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 676 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Tami, that is a fantastic price on 108" wide backing. But I'm not sure about either one. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:36 AM

Jeanette Kennedy Asiala:

Marsha, glad to hear that Rich is doing so much better that he can get back to work and Happy 100th Birthday to his mother.

Thanks, Jeanette, He went back to work after 3 WEEKS, then promptly stepped into a water (plus other barnyard yuck)-filled hole and banged up his 9-month old partial knee!!!  The Dr said he pulled the muscles and scar tissue around it and the knee is still stiff but has lost the fluid that gathered around the joint.  Hip excaped  any damage to the new hip.  It seems good not to hear so much "whining" from him.  It is nice to be able to ride with him now since he doesn't need a helper.  He is taking our Amish neighbor on Thursdays to give me a day home to catch up on HOUSEWORK (not quilting!!!!)

His mother sure is an amazing lady.  She has trouble remembering anything recent and repeats - - - - but is healthy otherwise.  Because of stormy weather, we had only about 70 there Saturday.  We ended up with about 10 pounds of beef left and about 4 dozen big rolls.  The beef on weck was a hit, but 30 pounds was too much for such a small crowd.  Others in the family also took some home with them.  

Rich is pacing - ready for the road.  I am NOT!  Yesterday was a blustry, blizzardy, day and today the sun is shining but all schools are closed because of the cold.  It is still -10 now and I do not like it!!!  I am trying to catch up on emails whenever I can after being out of internet for a week or so.  The last time I was on was the last comment on here.  

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 11:42 PM

Sorry that the new assignment wasn't posted today.   I was just finishing the last block when my DH walked in to tell me we had to make a road trip to pick up our DD whose car broke down about 2 1/2 hrs away from us.   So we spent 6 hrs travel time to pick her up and bring her home.   By the time I got home I was too tired to take pics and post.   I will try to post tomorrow.   If I can get on to the site.   Hope everyone is having fun with this project.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 5:33 AM

Family always comes first Nana.  Hope things are all straightened out.  Since I am still trying to catch up on these blocks one or two more days won't be a problem.  Thanks for everything you do to make this group fun.  I'm loving the way my quilt looks already.  That in itself keeps me motivated.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

I agree with Mimi. Family does come first and we all understand.  I am still trying to catch up from assignments missed during the holidays, so a few extra days will be a help to me, too.  

I certainly understand about driving to rescue a stranded motorist. We did the same for a friend of my daughters just before Thanksgiving. 4 hours to Hays, KS and back with a car in tow.  We just took the car up to the friend in Idaho a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes being the Good Samaritan gets you into more than you anticipate.

Martha, 

Parker, CO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Nana, I agree with everyone, family comes first.  I did want to take something to work on while I was in Tucson, Az so I just cut out some of the ones we have not done from row E.  I figured if you assigned othef ones I woukd be behind but woukd be ahead when we got to them.  I was able to piece together (on the planes) all the small pieces in one block and it is ready to be put together.  So take your time.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Thanks Karla, it is line with what I brought down to Tucson to work on.  Already have almost two done.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 6:35 PM

Karla, thanks for posting the next assignment.  I'm trying to catch up and you surely have given me a push in the right direction.  Your blocks always look so good.  Thanks for helping all us visual learners. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:45 AM

well did a good job of getting close to catching up weekend before last. but did nothing this weekend. so , not so good. But I did get caught up on the leah day project. not that it was hard lol

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Karla, I am so sorry.  I posted the wrong picture on "Manager".  I could not find a way to delete it. I was so excited that I was able to get on more often this week that I was not paying attention.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:03 PM

Jeanette,

in your post click on "more in the upper right corner. If you don't see "delete" you can "edit" then erase the post. Most people write "post deleted" or something of that nature in place of the original.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Thanks Kris.  There was not a delete one to chose and I tryed to edit the picture and I could not get that to work.  I decided to leave it alone in case I did something to the thread.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Well, I wanted to get back to my LUS blocks, but first there wast Christmas, then New Year, then a trip to Idaho, then I had to clean my sewing room (it was piled up with other stuff during the holidays!) and while I was at it I finished a couple of UFO's so I could get them out of  the room. Then of course there is the quilt I am doing with my LQS that hasn't been touched in a couple of months and they are ready to go on to the next project. With any luck I will be back on this one later this week.  I am getting so far behind, but I guess that means I can pick and choose from the blocks already assigned. :)  

Martha,

Parker, CO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

I completed my LUS top, just needs layering and quilting. It turned out about 60 x 70 (or 70 x 80 can't remember and too lazy to spread it out and measure)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Judy, the top is beautiful. I lobe the colors you used.

Martha,

Parker, CO

Page 41 of 46 (677 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use