Kris replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:56 PM

Thanks Beth.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:34 PM

Kris this is looking fantastic.  I love what you are doing with the backing.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,953
Points 368,332
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:49 AM

Thanks Nana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,953
Points 368,332
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:51 AM

Ladies I've been having lots of back problems again. I ended up in the ED on New Year's Eve. My upper back was spasming so hard I couldn't breathe. I collapsed en route to a patient. They did a full cardiac work up because of the symptoms but everything came back fine. Just spasms. I think they over medicated me. I was groggy most of New Year's. 

I'm on all sorts of drugs trying to find relief. Hopefully this weekend I can make a block or two. More doctor visits next week. I think I have one everyday.

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Well, the holidays are over.  Company, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday and New Years really put a stop to my sewing. Christmas decorations are all down and put away, I just have to vacuum the living room and put the furniture back where it belongs, then I can pull out my fabric again. 

Welcome Beth.  I am about two assignments behind in the blocks.  I joined when the group was already 3 assignments in and was caught up at one point.  

Kris, I love your quilt, hope you back straightens out and you are able to sit and sew a while. 

Martha

Parker, CO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 8:45 AM

Hope that your back problems will diminish quickly, Kris.  My DH has osteoarthritis in his back and has a terrible time.  Right now he's doing okay but we never know when another flare up will occur.  I will keep you, your situation, and the doctors in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been MIA for quite a while. Sorry it's been so long since I posted.  Since I've been lurking and not posting, I wanted you to know that everyone's blocks are looking so amazing.  I can't say it enough.  The blocks are delightful.  And Kris, your quilt is going to be fantastic.  I'm so far behind on several assignments, LUS, DJ, my Jo Morton's, my BOM's.   I might have to get it together today and just sew until I'm caught up.  Well better get to whatever it is I'm going to get done today.  Have a happy quilty day.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 10:28 AM

Kris, I'm so sorry to hear about your back problems.  I can truly appreciate what you are going thru.  I put mine out on New Years Eve too, however, not with the terrible spasms.  With some muscle relaxers and pain meds, I think I am on the road to recovery.  I may even try to make a block or two today.  For me, getting up and moving around helps BUT no line dancing, yet!  Boy oh boy to I miss that!  And our troupe has a performance on Wed so I have to be ready for that!

Anyway, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lots of gentle, healing hugs (((hug)))

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:27 AM

Kris, sorry to hear you're having the spasms again. take it easy and I hope they go away soon.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Kris,  I am so sorry to hear about your back problems.  I really hope that you feel better soon.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:37 PM

Kris, So sorry about your back problelms.  I sympathize.  I've had back problems since the 80's, had back surgery and have to be very careful I don't irritate  or overdue otherwise I'm back in the bed.  I take muscle relaxers on a regular basis just to keep the pain down.  Can't sit for a long time at the sewing machine or do anything else for a long time without irritating it.  What a nuisance!  Anyway, hope yours clears up soon. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 25,235

Kris, sorry to hear of your troubles, hope you are on the mend

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 8:53 PM

Kris

I am so sorry to hear of your problems.  I am praying that the pain eases soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,953
Points 368,332
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:31 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to be good; taking my meds and stretching a lot. Heat and a portable electrical stimulation device. I didn't sew today but I worked on some appliqué while watching football. I hope to get to the current assignment later today. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:55 PM

Kris, you need to tell Jason that the doctor's orders were "move to a warmer climate"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

I'm just getting caught up on this thread.  Kris - wow - I love your quilt!  It's so cool to see it coming together with the sashing and quilting and everything. I love the spiderweb quilting design.  I heard somewhere that a spider web on a quilt is good luck - or maybe it catches luck - or something?  Anyway, this should be a very lucky quilt for you if that's true.  I'm so sorry to hear about your back.  That sounds just awful.  Please take care of yourself and I hope your back is better soon.

Raleigh, NC

Page 38 of 50 (737 items) «Prev3637383940Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use