General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 674 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Sue, so sorry to hear about your sister.  It is so hard to lose a loved one.  I hope you will consider this one of the friendly hugs.

Martha,

Parker, CO

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Well, the best laid plans often get swept out the door!  I planned to sew all day yesterday.  Kind of a reward for getting everything ready for Christmas and all the card out. Then my daughter had a friend who just got out of the Navy and was driving across country from Virginia to Idaho.  Her car broke down in Hays, Kansas.  We rented a trailer and went to pick her and her car up.  She will be staying with us for a couple of days until her husband can get down from Idaho to haul the car and wife home.  We left the Denver area at 6 am and arrived back home at 7 pm.

While we were putting the car on a trailer a young man drove up, hopped out of his car and started helping.  Next thing we know, another young man came over to help.  When we offered to give them something for their trouble the just said to pay if forward and if we really wanted to pay cash to put it in the Salvation Army bucket.

There are really nice people in Hays, Kansas!

On a side note, my husband even offered to stop by the quilt shop in Hays for me.  He is such a sweetie. I didn't stop because we had enough to do just loading the trailer.

Martha,

Parker, CO

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 12:26 AM

Sue, so sorry for your loss. I’m sending you a virtual hug.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 12:26 AM

Duplicate post.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Sue,  so sorry. <3

(((hugs)))

martha, what a cheerful story. Thanks for sharing. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Sue,  

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I am sending  big bear hug to you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Martha,

You did a good deed by giving up your time to pick up someone in need even though you would have to travel to do this and there still good people in this world who are willing to help other people when needed and last but need least a great husband who would go to a quilt shop for you.  Great man there  I know you will get that quilting done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:32 PM

Sue I am sorry for your loss.   Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.   Sending lots of hugs your way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 714
Points 14,000
Sue replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 3:39 PM

Thanks to all my virtual friends for the wonderful virtual hugs, they really do help.

Wishing you all a very happy holiday today and hope you are having a great time with family.

It's been a cold, overcast and very dreary day here in east Texas so I've been in my studio and have finished this group of blocks.  Now looking forward to the next group on Dec 31st.  Our local bee will be having an all night quilting party.  I'd love to be able to work on these blocks.  Stay well everyone.

Virtual Hugs from me to you! ((( )))

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

Well I guess better late than never - I joined you all today.  Just read through this discussion and will go look at some of the assignments.  I bought the book way back in August and put on my shelf for a future project so I guess the future has arrived!  I will be way behind for a while but hopefully will catch up somewhere along the way. Now to go pull fabrics and see what I need to buy:)

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,338
Points 38,885
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 8:58 PM

Beth Weigt:
 I will be way behind for a while

Welcome to the fun Beth.  You won't be that far behind and I'll bet you'll get ahead of me in no time as I've been otherwise occupied.  Hoping to catch up this weekend but Bonnie Hunter's MQ is taking up a lot of my time.  Anyway I can't wait to see your lovely work.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

Oh Mimi - I still need to recover from the Christmas quilting rush.  I haven't had much time to do anything for me for the last 4 months.  Bill had foot surgery in Nov. so I am caregiver again.  Hopefully I'll get back in the quilt room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:38 AM

Hi Beth. Good of you to join us. You’re not too far behind. Looking forward to seeing your blocks.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Welcome Beth!  Like the others have said, you're not too far behind. I look forward to seeing your blocks. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 714
Points 14,000
Sue replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:00 AM

And here's my 2 cents, Welcome Beth!  We are not that far into this project yet, you'll get caught up in no time!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Page 36 of 45 (675 items) «Prev3435363738Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use