rated by 0 users
This post has 730 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 6:02 PM

Thanks Jeanette and Marsha.

Marsha, I didn't search too much for fabrics. I ordered 75 FQs from "Bits 'N' Pieces" quilt shop. I let them decide what to send. I purchased some yardage from the LQS and while I was in Oregon last month. I kinda grab it when I see it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 9:46 PM

Hi all,  Was working on a harder, not yet assigned block in the last two days.  After getting 2/3's of it finished I told DH to bury me with this quilt.  I don't think anyone else would appreciate the work that has gone into it but me or someone else who had made the blocks.  So keep the faith ladies.  We are all in this together.  And think how we are stretching ourselves and keeping our brains growing. All the blocks are just wonderful but what is better is that we have each other to rely on when things get tough.  I'll not be on this next week  Too much to do.  It's American Ed week at school with parents coming in, report card time and I've got to clean.  My DD and her girls are coming for Thanksgiving.  Will check in again next weekend.  Have a great week.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:56 AM

Hello all....   I just wanted to let everyone know that I have started another Loyal Union Sampler group on another site that I have joined.   I thought you might like to know that you can get the assignments and tips somewhere else if QCA is down for whatever reason.   You can go here   http://snickerdoodledreams.ning.com/   and join.   It does take about a day for your registration goes thru as everything is checked closely for spam.   The assignments will be posted on the same days.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Hello everyone.

I want to thank everyone for all your nice comments on my recent blocks.  I am getting such great ideas from all of you on how to do the blocks different from the colors that is suggested in the book and also learning about fuzzy cuts which  I did on the Augusta block. I love this group and can not wait for the next set.  In the meantime I need to get these sweaters done so I can get them in the post.

If I don't make it back on this site before Thanksgiving I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jeanette

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 11:34 AM

And a very happy Sunday to all of you.  Thank you so much for the wonderful, kind comments on my blocks, they are much appreciated. 

Kudos to everyone on their blocks too, they are all looking really great.  We are learning so much from this!

Hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and to those that celebrate, Happy Chanukah!  First candle is Wed night.  Now what kind of Latkes should I make?  Maybe sweet potato or zucchini or carrot, yum!  Need to head to the grocery store for more supplies, LOL.

Seriously though, hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,705

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 

Just wondering.... will the next set of blocks be posted next week, skipping this week because of the holiday?  I'm pretty far behind right now because I broke my ankle about 3 weeks ago. I can't get down the steps to get to my sewing room in the basement. But as soon as I can, I plan on spending every possible second down there! I really miss sewing and quilting!

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 5:48 PM

Oh Carol, so sorry to hear about your ankle, hope you will soon be up and hobbling about again.  Be super careful going down and up those basement stairs.  Wouldn't want a relapse!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 255
Francie replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 9:36 PM

I finally finished eq 9! Now I can start this one. My husband is taking me to the lqs to purchase fabrics as my birthday present! I have been watching everyone's progress and just drool over the fabric choices. I can't wait to get started!

Francie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:12 PM

The next posting will be posted Dec 2 of 3 whichever is tuesday.   We wanted you to have a little break over Thanksgiving since the date fell so close.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:16 PM

This same group is always being done on this site

Snickerdoodle Dreams

I would love for everyone to come over and join the site and share your blocks both places.   It is a very easy to navigate site.   Also anytime that QCA is down for whatever reason the assignments will be posted on Snickerdoodle.   It does take a day or two for your application to join is ok'd by the owner.   NO SPAM

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Thank you Kris for your nice comments on my blocks.  I always appreciate them.  Hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving and had a great time with family and friends.  

Jeanette

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

Thanksgiving in over, the last of the company has gone.  Time to take a deep breath, clean the house again, then back to the sewing machine.  I hope all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful day. 

Martha

Parker, CO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170

Hello Everyone, 

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was filled with lots of family and delicious food!  OK, can't wait for our next set of books.

Gloria,

New York

Gloria from New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170

Oops, blocks

Gloria from New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 5,040
Annette replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 9:19 PM

Hello!

Odd-ball question...   I just got the book.   Wondering how far the assignments are / how close everyone is to completing.   If you're close, do you think this will "re-start" like the Dear Jane group is doing?

Annette

• Post Points: 50
Page 33 of 49 (731 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use