General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 674 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255

Carolyn. I love your sashing. I checked out page 9 and it is a striking layout. 

I'm not making two of these but I am working on both the Loyal Union Sampler and on Sylvia's Bridal quilt. I have 10 blocks completed and another 60 cut out and waiting to be pieced. My goal is to have one or the other ready to assemble at the 2014 Oregon retreat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 1:09 PM

Carolyn, I love your blocks and the sashing. I know what you mean about Christmas presents. My children will be lucky to get Mug Rugs! I'm having too much fun with my Virtual Quilt Guild on QCA!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 1:54 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
This might be the only project I work on in 2014, as I've decided to do the fancy sashing on page 9. It's a lot if work, but I am quite happy with the results I'm seeing so far.

I didn't look through the books I missed the fancy sashing. I really like the look with your blocks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:24 PM

carolyn,

They look beautiful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Carolyn,

I love your sashing.  I have not even thought about what the sashing yet.  l will have to read page 9.

Jeanette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:31 PM

Carolyn that is great sashing and a beautiful layout.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:53 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
This might be the only project I work on in 2014, as I've decided to do the fancy sashing on page 9.
 I love this sashing, but it won't tempt me to do one.  My quilt is going to be strictly Civil War fabrics with the striped-type sashing and cheddar cornerstones.  Someday I might attempt one like yours but maybe in another color.  I love all the soft blues you have used so far.  This will be a full year project for most of us.  Unfortunately, I will have to fit in 5 long Dorm Bed Length quilts for the 5 graduates in our family - 2 grandchildren and 3 grand-nieces and grand-nephews.  Somehow I will fit in this quilt also.  I am behind, but catching up fairly quickly.  Got 6 blocks done last week, 5 blocks yesterday and today and finishing the 6th.  Also have one of last set done - I needed a challenge, although Best Friend is quite a challenge in the 2nd set.  HSTs done and ready to assemble block.  May get half done tonight - If my eyes don't start crossing!!!  My fingers are tender yet - need a little toughening up for so much hand sewing.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Just wanted to thank everyone for their nice comments.  Having so much fun looking at all your beautiful blocks.  Can not wait till tomorrow to face new challenges.  Better get back to my knitting because I know I will want to get started on the new blocks whenever I can get my granddaughter to take a nap.

Jeanette

P.S.  Kris you will have to show me your socks when you are done.  I have never knitted socks.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:35 PM

Jeanette,

I've never knitted anything. I love socks and I'm determined to make myself a pair. I'm taking a class and I have a book. Some say start with a scarf but I want socks. I'll take a photo of my progress when I get home. I'm doing two at a time on one long circular needle.

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Kris,

I have been knitting since I was about 7 years old and I was not allowed to start with a scarf.  I sent the summer making a cable sweater.  So if you want a pair of socks go for it. Looking forward to seeing them.

Jeanette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:52 PM

LOL. Thanks Jeanette.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:52 PM

Kris:
I've never knitted anything. I love socks and I'm determined to make myself a pair.

Wow Kris, that is very ambitious, I've knitted a lot of things, but never socks. Can't wait to see them.

I've got 6 more blocks made, now to find time to take photo's and post them. I think I am still behind by a few blocks but I'll probably be behind until the holidays are over.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:51 PM

Kris:
I've never knitted anything. I love socks and I'm determined to make myself a pair.
 You always challenge yourself and win!  I am sure you will do well.  I have knitted almost everything possible since I was 6 or 7.  Haven't made many socks since kids are grown - used to make boot socks for them and me.  Rich didn't seem to care for homemade socks!  His mother was not very talented at such things.  She did crochet and do a little sewing - mostly mending on her machine.  One year I made more than a dozen sweaters (can think of 13) including 2 cardigans with fine yarn and complicated cables for Rich's parents.  

Here is a picture of my sashing fabric with new cornerstone fabric and one of additional fabrics I am adding to the Civil War Jubilee collection.  I am using 1/4 yd of the cornerstone fabric in the blocks also.  Have another brown I can use if needed.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:46 PM

I may be behind but still patiently waiting for next release of blocks. One of the good things about living out west

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Nana, are you just posting 4 blocks this time? That's all I see here, or am I just jumping the gun?

Page 31 of 45 (675 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use