General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 755 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 825
Points 16,405
Sue replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:06 PM

Well ladies, you have been busy bee's today.  I had more than 70 messages in my inbox when I finally got on-line.  I am currently in Ft Stockton Texas on my way to Gilbert, AZ to see my sister.  Her cancer is terminal now.  My brother will join us on Friday for a weekend of sibling get together.  I should arrive at her house tomorrow evening.  Won't be able to do any blocks until I get back to Livingston the end of next week.  Hopefully I will be able to follow your progress.  All the blocks look great, unfortunately not enough battery to comment on individual ones so here's a big "well done everyone!"

Going to look for a place to sleep now, be online, I hope, again tomorrow evening. 

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:11 PM

Sue, so sorry to hear about your sister.  Have a wonderful time and make lots of good memories for the hard time ahead.  I'll be praying for a miracle. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Sue, 

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  My prayers to you and your family.

Jeanette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:59 PM

Sorry about your sister Sue. You will be in my prayers.

I haven't been able to sew the past three days. Hopefully I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020

I did not get Nana's new assignments so now Imam behind.  Got two squares down today and will work on more tomorrow.  Don't know how I missed they were every two weeks.  Silly me.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 1:50 AM

Sue

So sorry for your sister and the family.  I will put you all in  my prayers.  Safe travels and have a good visit.  Try to focus on the good times not the bad.  Big hug.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 1:51 AM

I am not going to try and comment and each and every block.  All of the blocks I have seen so far are gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Sue, I'm so sorry about your sister.  Good luck with your trip.  Safe travels.

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,285
Bonita replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:23 PM

Sue, Sorry to hear about your sister, try and enjoy the time spent wit her Have a safe trip.

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 430

I finished the first 3 blocks, 1 & 3 I found discussions to post my pics in, but I guess #2 hasn't been done yet, so will post mine here. I am really enjoying these blocks so far! If I need to post pics elsewhere, just let me know, thanks!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 8:39 PM

Happymrs

If you would please hold off on posting pics until that block is assigned and a thread started for it.  Otherwise we will have people getting confused on which blocks they are supposed to be doing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,215

Nana:
Otherwise we will have people getting confused on which blocks they are supposed to be doing.

That would be me for sure. Doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL. I suspect that Happymrs wasn't aware of the order we are doing the blocks and was taking them in the order shown in the book.

Happymrs. Go to the group, click on Pages and you'll see the blocks that are assigned.. A set of blocks will be posted every two weeks. The next ones will come on on Nov 12th. 

I'm kind of guessing here, but I think they are assigned based on difficulty and also technique. Nothing to say you can't branch out on your own, it's your book. But like Nana says, it's better not to post a photo of a block before it's assigned.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 825
Points 16,405
Sue replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:30 PM

Hi Y'All,

Arrived at my sisters house about an hour ago.  Long boring drive from Texas, but at least I am here.  Sis looks worse than the last time I saw her which was May.  She knows her time is almost up and has made peace with that.  We talked briefly tonite before she went to bed, she is ready to go and I am ok with her decision. I've made my peace.  We will enjoy each others company thru the weekend before I head to California to see my Uncle.  I'll stop by again on my way back to Texas.  Thanks to all of you for your prayers and words of comfort.  Right now, please pray for a quick release for her. 

Now in Gilbert Arizona instead of Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:32 PM

Sue, praying for you.... and for her swift release....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:35 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:
Otherwise we will have people getting confused on which blocks they are supposed to be doing.

That would be me for sure. Doesn't take much to confuse me.  ... But like Nana says, it's better not to post a photo of a block before it's assigned.

I guess the moral to the story is that if you can't find a thread in which to post the block, the block probably hasn't been assigned yet. 

Page 29 of 51 (756 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use