General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 748 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:08 PM

I think I have but I'll check, Jacy.  It seems that one day I set all my preferences and the next I have to go back in and set them all over again.  It's getting disheartening.  But then we don't have the newest computer.  Our son (a programmer) has told us we've got a dinosaur...no offense to CC.... but I think the writing is on the wall about getting the  new computer.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:20 PM

Hi all.  Great blocks everyone.  I am very far behind.  I am not done with the first set and have not started the second or third sets.  I had to go up to Wisconsin to my Mother's Memorial service so I got way behind.  When I get home, I'll have to get busy.  I've got some great ideas from all of your blocks.

Denise

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 7:56 PM

I love everyone's blocks. Keep posting!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 8:51 PM

Mimi:
I wanted to apologize to everyone for not responding to all the beautiful blocks because I don't seem to be getting all the messages that are being posted.  I don't know how to fix this so if anyone has any ideas about how I can remedy this I sure would be appreciative.

Mimi,

Jacy's right. You need to subscribe to the group to get all the emails not just the posts you chose to receive. Also, if there was an error message with a post (yes they're still happening) it won't come through email.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:40 PM

Kris:
You need to subscribe to the group to get all the emails not just the posts you chose to receive.

Well I checked and I think I'm subscribed to the group.  At least the posting on the side has words that say "Unsubscribe from this group"   I'm thinking that means I'm subscribed but if I'm wrong please let me know.  I haven't gotten any error messages lately.  Just noticing that it is taking FOREVER to load the pages.  Not that I can't reply but the little wheel keeps spinning and spinning and spinning.  It does eventually load but it used to be much, much faster.  thanks for taking the time to help, Kris and Jacy too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:49 PM

Mimi, I have a pretty fast PC and I keep getting the spinning. My Mac loads quickly most of the time. It all depends on what I have open. Keep trying!

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 5:46 AM

Roxana:
I have a pretty fast PC and I keep getting the spinning. My Mac loads quickly most of the time. It all depends on what I have open. Keep trying!

same issue here, even on a dedicated server

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Denise, sorry to hear about your mother.  That is never an easy loss.  I lost mine several years ago and I still talk to her almost every day.  

I am behind on my squares, too.  I finally have 3 from the first set done.  I didn't find the group until the first two sets had been posted, then had to wait for my book to arrive. Isn't it fun to see what colors everyone else chose to use?

Martha, Parker, CO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:10 PM

Mimi:
I haven't gotten any error messages lately.  Just noticing that it is taking FOREVER to load the pages.  Not that I can't reply but the little wheel keeps spinning and spinning and spinning.  It does eventually load but it used to be much, much faster. 

I still get errors on a daily basis but I post a lot. They're trying to silence me. LOL

Try emptying your browser's cache. That might help speed thing up. Most browsers keep pages in the cache so they load easily but somethings the spinning wheel is an indicator that it's trying to refresh the page from where you previously left off. Does that make sense? I'm trying to be as un-technical as possible.

You can also try deleting cookies from QCA (you may have to type your password next time you log in).

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 818
Points 16,280
Sue replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:23 PM

Roxana,

Could you please create the pages for the other blocks for this group?  I am heading to Arizona for two weeks and not sure if I'm taking my computer with me.  I'd like to get the photos of my blocks posted before I leave.

Thanks much,

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:41 PM

Sue, I think I created all six.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 818
Points 16,280
Sue replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:30 PM

Must have missed them, I'll look again.

Thanks

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:06 PM

Thanks Kris.  I did think to empty the cache already but had not thought to delete the QCA cookies.  Have done both now and it seems a little better.  Thanks again for your help.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Thank you Martha, it is hard, but thinking about quilting is good therapy.  The blocks are gorgeous and I am looking forward to making more.

Denise

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

I am so happy I can get back to this group.  October was a very busy month with a lot of obligations.One of my obligations was to finish a veterans quilt for tonight.  My quilt group makes them for a veterans center and I was hand quilting mine.Well I finished it and it is ready to go to my meeting tonight.  I have posted all the blocks I have completed in the last few days.  I have three left and I will be caught up.  I have never paper pieced so this will be another new experience for me.  I am taking it with me tonight so if I get stuck I know someone there will help me.  I also wanted to say I am loving looking at all your blocks and they are all beautiful.  I love looking at all the fabric choices and color combinstions.   

I am having so much fun doing this quilt.

Jeanette

Page 28 of 50 (749 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use