General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 734 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 7:11 PM

I am waiting to get the sashing fabric til later after the quilt talks to me. I am still not completely decided on my background neither but yap pretty soon

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 8:06 AM

Only a couple of weeks until the first block assignment will be posted.   Hope everyone is getting excited to start a new journey together.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

I can't wait.  I have not purchased all the fabric yet because I am thinking I would like to make this into a king size quilt and I don't know what the measurements are yet.  My fabric is a mixture of CW and other fabric from Keepsake.  As I stated before I am very exited because I have not done anything like this before and I am looking forward to seeing how to do some of the blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:16 PM

Hope everyone is getting ready.  Our first assignment comes out next week....woohoo.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:38 PM

Finally, pictures of my fabrics - The Civil War Jubilee Collection laid out on the muslin.  The muslin is natural, but looks more white in the picture.  Now to get the fabrics washed, then I will be ready!  Another hand piecing project almost ready to go.  I need a few more fabrics in the gold to add a little more lightness to the blocks.  Probably this fabric will be for the cornerstones as well.

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,670
Points 120,415

Nana:

Hope everyone is getting ready.  Our first assignment comes out next week....woohoo.

I'm ready.

I get to thinking how busy I am and trying to get things ready for retreat along with everything else. Then along comes Nana. She's getting ready for retreat AND running the MQ. Nana, are you also the Union Soldier organizer?

I don't think I'll ever complain again about having too much to do! :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:07 PM

Judy

I am one of the Union Sampler organizers.  I have Karla and Roxana helping.  I am trying hard to have the first 3 assignments done before retreat so that I don't have to play catch up after retreat.    Oct 1 will be the first assignment and Oct 15 (right in the middle of retreat) will be the second assignment.   I have already found that I need more creams / tans to use as background fabrics.     

My MQ is done except for borders.  I will wait and do my borders after I get back.   I do still have a few things to get ready for retreat but I should be able to get those finished in a day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 1:58 PM

Wow Nana,

How organised are you.

Im never ready but i just seem to dawdle along at my own pace, and someone needs to bring up the rear and thats me.

lots of love

Francesxx

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 245
Cathy replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 4:11 AM

I can't wait! Mine will be very scrappy. I have been collecting Civil War fabric for the last two years and have a huge shopping bag full just waiting for the right pattern.  Listened to the general group and decided to order three different muslin fabrics.  I never prewash but maybe I should for this project.  What are your thoughts? Many of my pieces are fat quarters.

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 740
bdsagek replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 5:44 AM

Oh that's a good question.  I never pre-wash normally either (except for hand dyed fabrics), now I have to think about this :0

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:20 AM

I am not prewashing any of my fabrics.   If I decide to use a muslin it will be the better quality muslin and I probably won't prewash it either.  I am just too lazy to do all that washing and ironing....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:39 PM

Nana,

Im with you on that one and Ironing is a swear word in this house.

lots of love

Francesxx

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 245
Cathy replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 3:27 PM

Fantastic!  My kind of quilters.  I really hated the thought of all that ironing too.  Also I feel the fabric gets out of shape with washing and ironing and think of the fortune spent on starching it again since you just removed all the sizing.  Thanks ladies.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Oct 1st already? I haven't even started MQ9. So I'm thinking I won't. I will need to focus all my attention on this one. I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,670
Points 120,415

Elaine Phillips:

Oct 1st already? I haven't even started MQ9. So I'm thinking I won't. I will need to focus all my attention on this one. I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait.

I am also looking forward to this project. I don't know how much I'll keep up but I'll do what I can. Always fun to work along with others and share our progress.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 19 of 49 (735 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use