Those are some of my favorites too, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten them, LOL

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Thanks nana. I will check it out. I will give Hancocks a couple of weeks and if I don't have by then I will cancel my order with them.

Nana:

Elaine

I found some really pretty aged and primitive muslins at www.fatquartershop.com  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

All the backgrounds that I have  are too dark to go with the light tan that I am using. Otherwise I would use different ones, too. I just lack lights in my stash.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:23 AM

Elaine

I am going to use some darker backgrounds with my lighter backgrounds.   I think it will give a more accurate rendition of the era.   I am getting anxious to get started.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Question:  I am getting all my fabric together and I wondering have you ever used cotton and muslin in the same quilt?  The othef question (since I am a beginner)  is do you use bleached or unbleached?

Jeanette

From very hot Michigan

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 630

I won this fabric and thought it would be a great start to this quilt. I'm new to the whole CW thing, so I'm unsure of the fabrics to use. I also have a stash of Jo Morton in reds and greens.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Tami Paul:

I dont think one can go overboard on this one.

Is that a challenge?  Because I accept.  :)

Sue, your organization sounds great.  I need to do something similar for this quilt, since it will be ongoing for so long.  Thanks for sharing your plan.

Susan, Congrats on winning all that fabric.  How did you win it?  
And... I just got a UPS text message saying that my fabrics were delivered!!!  Can't wait to get home to see them.  :)  I will share a photo of them all together when I get a chance.  It may be tomorrow night before I have a free moment to do so though.

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:34 AM

Hi Jeanette,

I use cotton and muslin all the time.  Our guild has specified two muslin's that we use in the BOM, one natural (unbleached) and one white.  They are good quality, in other words, high thread count, and are stocked by the LQS that sponsors our guild.  For this project, I would pick some of each to use.  You can never go wrong with muslin, just as long as you use a high thread count one.  Feel them, you can feel the difference.

It's very hot here in the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas too.  Hurry up fall and get here! LOL

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:57 AM

Jeanette

You can use cotton and muslin together.  I have done it frequently.   I think with this quilt I would use the unbleached just because it is more true to the CW era.   But there isn't any reason that you can't use the bleached if that is what you prefer.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:59 AM

Susan

These are beautiful fabrics and will be perfect.  The Jo Morton fabrics will also work well in this quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 630

I won the fabric via Facebook liked Quilters Newsletter Magazine. They are having another contest, don't know if I can post the link but here it is http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/blogs/insideqn/2013/09/09/20000-fans-fabri-palooza-time/ give it a try. we all need free fabric.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Thank you Sue.  I guess a trip to the fabric store, oh my what a hardship that will be (haha).

Jeanette

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Thanks Nana I will look for unbleached.  I knowthat my whole quite will not be all CW material but I would like some of it to be. I am so looking forward in getting started.

Jeanette

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Well, I got the fabrics I ordered but the navy prints were back ordered with no expected ship date. Here's what I have so far. It's still a work on progress but I think it's a decent start. The 4 FQs on the left (showing up on the right in the picture) are bring auditioned as maybes. 2 if them seem too greeny and the solid midnight is just real similar to the solid navy.  I think it's enough to get started but I really want to add a few navy prints to add depth and contrast.   Yay!  Excited to get started. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I had a dark blue I wanted to use in the background and unbleached muslin type for the other.  I am finding with the SBS that they take on a life of their own, so be it!  Makes it more fun!!!!

MelodyP

Page 16 of 50 (737 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use