General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 730 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

so I went online to see what the rest of the line looked like and I found this site. I thought I would share because the prices were 3.26 for 1/2 yds. Not sure what the shipping looked like. Had to buy 150.00 to get free shipping. 

http://shop.nanascreationsonline.com/category.sc?categoryId=19

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Well, I joined the group and ordered the book and some fabrics even though I don't know how much I need.  I can go a bit crazy sometimes.  I still have to check my stash for other CW fabrics.  Everyone's fabrics are so pretty.  This will be fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

Denise, I dont know for sure but I opened the book and looked at it on amazon and it looks to me (if I am right) this quilt is going to take a lot of fabric. so much I dont think one can go overboard on this one.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205
Corine replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 3:02 PM

I am excited to be involved with this group. I have ordered the book and can't wait to be a part of this project.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

apparently I was so excited about the 2 yds I found I never posted the pic lol

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:18 PM

Tami, Those are some really great looking fabrics!  And T\that website is a fun place to surf around in. 

Just got back from busy busy Monday, and Wonder of wonders, I got everything done that I needed to do today including taking my book to the local print shop.  Had them cut off the binding and drill holes  so I could put it in a 3 ring binder, which I got today too.  Total cost less than $5.00 (cutting, drilling and binder).  A friend at quilt guild today gave me a 12 X 12 plastic box, that's where all the fabric will reside and I have an eight " square one for the finished blocks.  I'm ready to go!

But the best part, my new computer arrived Friday and DH has helped me load my programs (the old one burned up, not literally, but it could only be on for 10 minutes before shutting down because of a heat problem). 

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

Thanks Sue, I am still sitting here waiting for the mailman. He has been coming earlier but during the summer there were a few days that it was 7pm before he came. Ya dont know if people were on vac or what. but I am still waiting. I planned on doing the binding thing too. but I had better not say "drill" or dh will probably try to save a penny and pull his drill out LOL. 

I usually save things in the plastic zipper bags that you get sheets, blankets that sorda stuff. I have one client that saw me save on ( it was a big one) well now I open my door and there I will find one. He never forgets a thing lol

How much material have you bought? I have a good collection started, but dont know if I should get it all up front, I know I will find something later that would just go so perfect. but then I always fear running out of somethig

Oh and congrats on the new puter. Does it have the windows 8? that took me a few to get use to, and try to figure out how to get on QCA. But I was moving from vista, so I was a few behind anyway

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,592
Points 118,865

Tami Paul:

Thanks I will check out that site. always looking for new sites, especially if they aren't as pricey. So I picked up these fabrics on clearance this weekend. Wasnt sure what I wanted to do with them. they had a blue I decided to think about. But I was thinking about using these in this quilt. I only bought 1 yd of each but can go get more, the bolts still looked someone heavy. so what do you all think, yea, or just not right for this quilt?

Tami, I really like these fabrics. I need some blues.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,592
Points 118,865

Tami Paul:

http://shop.nanascreationsonline.com/category.sc?categoryId=19

Tami, thanks for the link. I found a couple blue's and a tan that I needed. Three yards of fabric for only $22 and free shipping.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:36 PM

Tami, I've only bought some backgrounds, 8 yards so far, which is a bit more than the book calls for.  I'm using Antique spice bags for the main parts, look back a couple of pages for a photo.  These were collected by a great aunt for her chain of grocery stores in Calif in the early part of the 1900's.  I've already made two quilts using them and hope to use up a lot more with this project.  If need be, I'll shop for more, LOL!

It has windows 8 and so far I am fighting it, I had 7 on the old one.  DH has told me that if I have to many problems he will put 7 on for me.

In The Piney Woods of East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:56 PM

Tami

Thanks to the link to Nana's Creations.  I found some nice fabrics.  They had a minimum order of $20 but then shipping was free.  Liked it a lot.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

sounds like I had better get there before you guys buy it all haha

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I just got an email from Hancocks that told me the parchment muslin that I ordered is on back order. Darn, now I don't know if I should wait it out or go get something else. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

What a beautiful print that fabric is!  I also have some fabric by Terri Clothier Thompson, mine is called "Louisa".  I'm planning on  using a 3 yd piece for the medium blue that's called for.  I also have the coordinating jelly roll, but not sure I'm going to use it.  I've already pulled some reds to go with this blue, but who knows?  LOL

Karla in CO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

I am stuck on what to use for the background. Not sure what I want to do, and I keep wandering off looking at fabric for other UFO, projects, future ones, ones that only exist in the colors I see in nature haha. well I am sure some of you know. Well I guess it is about time for me to go form that human pink ribbon for some pic/video they are doing to raise awareness 

Page 14 of 49 (731 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use