General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 760 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 29,775

Marsha-SM:
I am sure I have a good collection of suitable fabrics and will use my new supply of muslin for the background

Nothing like quoting myself!!!   I changed my mind on fabrics after I saw the Civil War Jubilee Collection on Keepsake Quilting.  I ordered them last night - quite an expense for me, but decided the FQ pack would be enough to do more than one quilt (going by how little fabric my Farmer's Wife quilt took of each fabric).  I will still use the muslin for the background.  My book is supposed to come tomorrow and the fabrics should arrive soon.  Can't wait to start this quilt, but need to finish quilting a few more wheelchair quilts first.  Also need to bind 2 that are done so I have something to work on in the truck before we start this project.  I WILL NOT START THIS QUILT EARLY - - - promises, promises!  I need to wash and iron all the fabrics first, so that should give me a little dreaming time.  I have 14 yards of good muslin to wash also, so that will take some time.

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Ooh Marsha, sounds like you're chomping at the bit to get started.  LOL  I too, looked at the CW Jubilee collection, but decided to pull as much as I can from my stash although I know I'm going to need some reds and border fabrics. ;-)

My book came yesterday and I've just been drooling over it!!  WOW!

Karla in CO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 621
Points 10,820

Well I ordered the book, should be here about mid week. I really want to do this for sis big birthday next July but am afraid if I did it cw fabrics I wont want to give it up, So, I am stuck on what to do. I saw some one cw line that was blues and browns that I liked... what to do what to do

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,571
Points 48,975
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:52 AM

Tami Paul,

Make 2 and then you can keep one for yourself.

At long last my book came today, is it my imagination or is there not as many paper pieced blocks in this one as there are in sylvias bridal quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Frances:
is it my imagination or is there not as many paper pieced blocks in this one as there are in sylvias bridal quilt.

You could be right!  I didn't look at them that way.  Will have fo scope that out, now that I know I'll end up proficient at pp.  That's a joke.  LOL

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,571
Points 48,975
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:49 AM

You will be amazing  at PP, same as you are at EPP and applique.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 345
JennieQ replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:17 AM

Hi,

This is my first time joining a group like this.  I am so excited to finally be making an elm creek quilt!!  I found the book on Saturday at Barnes and Noble and will be getting my fabrics later next week.  When are we supposed to start making this quilt??

JennieQ

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,571
Points 48,975
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:48 AM

Welcome JennieQ,

The original plan was to start the 1st of October, as it gives everyone time to get fabric and books and anything else they think they must have. As far as i know the date hasnt changed it also gives Nana (whos hosting it) the chance to take a breath as shes also running Mystery Quilt 9, Multi talented is our Nana.

Some of us are also doing the Sylvias Bridal Quilt its under groups as Sylvias Bridal Quilt, see you could be doing 2 elm creek quilts :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 345
JennieQ replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:41 PM

Hi Frances,

Thanks so much for answering my question and letting me know about the other group.  I will join it too.

JennieQ

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,155
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:57 PM

Hi Gals, I am not participating in the Loyal Union Soldier Sampler Quilt, but I understand many of you are looking for civil war fabrics.

I have found an on-line shop that I have had very good luck with and it has very good prices...and they seem to have lots of civil war fabric.  Right now they have a line called "Mourning Grays" by Carrie Quinn  (New Castle Fabrics) on a special for $5.00 a yard (it includes blues).  Here is a link to their website:

http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/?tracking5=mainpage

Hope this will help some of you find what you are looking for...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:33 PM

Donna

Thanks....I think.   I did find several really nice purples and greys and a mustard at $5/yd.     And only a standard $5 shipping.    I will have to remember them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:33 PM

Donna

Thanks....I think.   I did find several really nice purples and greys and a mustard at $5/yd.     And only a standard $5 shipping.    I will have to remember them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 621
Points 10,820

Thanks I will check out that site. always looking for new sites, especially if they aren't as pricey. So I picked up these fabrics on clearance this weekend. Wasnt sure what I wanted to do with them. they had a blue I decided to think about. But I was thinking about using these in this quilt. I only bought 1 yd of each but can go get more, the bolts still looked someone heavy. so what do you all think, yea, or just not right for this quilt?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 621
Points 10,820

oh yea my book got into town sat morning and is suppose to be out for delivery . is technology great back in the old days you had to just sit by the mail box for days waiting. Now you can go online and see if it is in their truck

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 621
Points 10,820

ooh ooh , look what I just found in my stash 2 yds of it. from some line called " civil war anthem . By Barbara Brackman & Terry Clothier Thompson. Hail comumbia 1850-1870 fro moda

Page 13 of 51 (761 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.