General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 756 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,162
Points 129,490

Jacy:
Judy, you have lots of fabric so you NEED to by the books and make these quilts. How else are you going to use up some of your fabric to make room for more?

Jacy, that was my rationale exactly!!

Now I'm going back and forth what to bring to Oregon. This adds two more projects to add to the list. I think we need to extend the retreat another week! LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:39 PM

Judy

Jacy is right.  If you have all that fabric you need the books so you can use up some of your fabric.  I really kind of wish I had some CW fabrics in my stash.  I don't know how I have managed to not have any.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,489
Points 41,355
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:11 PM

Nana:
I really kind of wish I had some CW fabrics in my stash.

Nana,  Just say the word and I'll send you the colors you want in CW fabrics. I've been collecting them for years. Or you can come for a visit and pick your own from my stash.  Love to see you !!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,318
Points 373,122
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:32 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
You all are at fault! All your chatter about the Loyal Union Soldier and Syvlia's Bridal Quilt projects finally broke my resolve. I ordered both books this morning.

LOL. Then we're doing a good job as quilters.

Judy T-Bellingham:
It's a sickness.

Yes it is; but I certainly don't want to be cured.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

My book arrived today.  Yahoo! Now I'm waiting for my fabric. Good luck to all of you looking for lost items. Sounds like me at times. I'm always looosing things.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 11:01 PM

Mimi

I would love to see you too but I couldn't possibly take your fabrics.   I just need to wait for a payday and then I can go to one of the LQS that specializes in CW fabrics.  Its the Old Trinity Schoolhouse.   I know they have a website but I haven't looked at it in awhile.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:10 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Roxana:

Wow, my fabric bundle from Keepsake Quilting arrived today! Now to wait on the background fabric!!

May we see a picture of your fabrics?  Or would you rather wait till it's in blocks?  This is fun!

I tried to take a picture... Let's see if you can see anything. It's 40 fat quarters. ... If I need to take a picture from a different angel, I'm happy too. You may have to click on the picture to see everything.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 841
Points 16,650
Sue replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 9:02 AM

Roxana,

Those are some really lovely fabrics!  I'm sure the photo doesn't do them justice.  Is your background a cream color?

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,489
Points 41,355
Mimi replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 9:11 AM

Roxana, Those fabrics are really wonderful and will make a fabulous quilt.  Once I get the HST's all trimmed I'll share my collection too.  Just six more sets to trim....YEAH!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,021
Points 34,925
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:32 AM

Sue:

Roxana,

Those are some really lovely fabrics!  I'm sure the photo doesn't do them justice.  Is your background a cream color?

Sue, first, I love driving through your area of Texas. Such beautiful trees!

Yes, my background will be a cream color. The bedspread I spread the fabrics on more borders on white. I thought the picture would give everyone an idea of what's in Keepsake's 40 FQ bundle. So it looks like they are back in stock!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,489
Points 41,355
Mimi replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:16 PM

Leaving soon for a weekend outing....Wheels of Time Car Show and Flea Market, Crystal Cave and a stay at a B & B.  But I thought since my book arrived today, I'd share my fabrics.  I don't have green but I do have pink and I've been wanting to use this collection since I bought it in ????  The lights are from my stash and are all CW. Everyone have a great weekend.  It's my last before I have to go back to work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:59 PM

Mimi, love your fabrics

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 968
Points 18,055

Roxana and Mimi, your fabrics are so pretty!  Can't wait to see some blocks made with them.

Here are my fabrics. The yardage all arrived today. The FQs are ones that I've had for awhile.  The cream color in the  middle is my background fabric.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 841
Points 16,650
Sue replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 1:41 PM

Mimi and Carol your fabrics are beautiful!

I found some old spice bags that a great Aunt had collected in the 1910's that I would like to use.  After I get them wash and sorted I post a photo.  She had a store in Santa Barbara Calif and spices were loose, just like they are now in some specialty stores, you put a scoop or two or three in a bag and paid by the ounce.  I've already made two quilts using them so this hopefully will use them up.  

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 27,225
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 1:50 PM

I am from Santa Barbara, do you remember the name of her store.  Would be interested to see if any old timers remembered it.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 5 of 51 (757 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use