General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 674 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:15 PM

This thread is for everyone to use for general discussion and chatting.   We will open individual threads for each block as they are assigned.   We are planning to start actual construction about Oct 1.   This isn't written in stone so we can start sooner if everyone is ready.  Just keep up the chatting and we will have a great group and lots of fun.  Karla and Roxana are going to be helping along the way with any questions.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:19 PM

Each person that wants to do this project will have to purchase the pattern book The Loyal Union Sampler by Jennifer Chiaverini.   It is available thru Amazon.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 159
Points 2,940
Kathy G replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:00 PM

Nana-

Do we need to sign up officially or can we just party along with the group?

Kathy G.

First time sampler, long time fan

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:47 PM

Got my book today a fabrics sorted

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:10 PM

Kathy

You just need to be a group member so you can get all the additional info that we will be providing.  We hope that you will join in and chat with us and share pics but it isn't required.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 518
Points 10,535

My book came today and I just spent almost an hour and a half online deciding on fabrics. I ordered all but the sashing and binding fabrics. I'll wait till the blocks are done before I buy those. I have a few FQs that I can use but I'm going to a quilt show tomorrow and hopefully find more there. Oh, right, I'll get backing later, too. At least the backing, borders, and sashing will come out of a different pension check! I've never been this excited about doing a quilt. I think because this will be a challenge for me.

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 714
Points 14,000
Sue replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:49 PM

HI Carol,

Who did you order your fabrics from?

My book is due to arrive on Saturday but I won't get it until Monday since our PO is closed on Saturdays, Oh boo hoo!

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:57 PM

Carol, I'd like to know where you ordered your fabric from also.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:17 PM

Carol

I am glad you are excited.  It is always fun to work with excited quilters.   I will have to wait a week to go fabric shopping but I am anxious to start choosing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:23 PM

Ok, I cancelled the book that was holding up my order.  My Loyal Union Soldier Sampler book should now arrive next Monday, thank goodness.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:51 PM

Karla:

Ok, I cancelled the book that was holding up my order.  My Loyal Union Soldier Sampler book should now arrive next Monday, thank goodness.  

Yeah! That's wonderful!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:52 AM

Can't wait to get it...my LQS has tons of Civil War fabric and I can't wait to start picking some out that will work with what I already have.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 518
Points 10,535

Sue:

HI Carol,

Who did you order your fabrics from?

My book is due to arrive on Saturday but I won't get it until Monday since our PO is closed on Saturdays, Oh boo hoo!

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

I ordered some of the fabric from Fabric Shack and some from Old Country Store.  I decided not to go to the quilt show today for more FQs.  That way I won't be spending a lot of money on other things, too.  With birthdays for both daughters and a new baby all happening in Aug and Sept, I gotta stop somewhere!  Old Country Store has good prices but they didn't have 7 yds of the light fabric that I wanted so I got some at Fabric Shack. There's another site, Reproduction Fabrics (dot) com, that has a fabulous selection of civil war fabrics.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 1:41 PM

I inherited lots of fabric from my sister MIL.  Not civil war but late eighty early ninety fabric in dark red, greens, browns and blues.  Stuff I would have a hard time using elsewhere.  I think it will be great for this.  Just need to gather some more tan.  Really excited about this.  Have been looking through the book but had to put it down as I got overwhelmed.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:10 PM

Karla:

I just did the same thing too. I pre-ordered mine in March and it still hadn't shipped. So I cancelled it and ordered again and now mine will be here Monday too.

It seems like they should fill the pre-orders first.

Page 1 of 45 (675 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use