Triple Irish chain

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo Posted: Tue, May 21 2013 9:56 AM

has anyone ever quilted this?  I am almost done with the piecing.  I was thinking of tying the "x" blocks and quilting a design in the "o" blocks.  I was going to work center -out like always, but a member from my guild said I should tie the quilt first then double back to quilt the design..What does everyone think?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:07 PM

flo, i know this is late, but i quilted with a cross hatch in the chains and did an interlocking heart in the centers.   can't show itto you.   it is one i gave to one of the nieces and they used it for a cat bed.   and they don't understand why they don't get any more quilts.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 3:23 PM

I wound up tying the multicolor chains ans stitching a feather leaf circle in the white squares.  It was my son's wedding gift and finished 4 days before the wedding...Just in time for me to make and decorate the wedding cake.  Did I mention the wedding and reception were at my house and I also did the food too!  i crashed for about 2 weeks after.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use