New here

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 35
daughtersarah Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:39 PM

Hello all.I am new to the neighborhood! I am 29, have been 'quilting' for years ever since I sat on my living room floor and had sewed random sized pieces of fabric together!

I have made more lap quilts- 6 feet long about 4 feet wide and I HATE to maching quilt. I am doin a baby one right now for my friend and was worried about it being chewed on so I am machine'ing it but I find the hand quilting so much more relaxing! I like that better then doing the tops!

I have a hoop and just sew up and down. I cant get a hold of the rocking back and forth motion so maybe next time I have one ready, I can work on it :)

So I just wanted to say Hi. Talk to you all soon!

Sarah

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:22 AM

Hi, Sarah--

I'm in a hurry to get out to the stores this morning (I have to be home in a few hours to take care of my dog-he's diabetic and needs insulin 4 times a day), but I did want to say "Welcome" and I will catch up with you later today.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:50 AM

Welcome Sarah.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:09 PM

Hi again, Sarah--

Pat here.  I had hoped I would get back on sooner, but it has been one of those days.  Up until a few years ago I hand quilted all of the quilts I made and never had any problems with baby quilts (I did use cotton thread for them).  If I understand how you quilt, you use the "Stab" method--down into the quilt and up making one stitch at a time.  Is that right?

Well, even though it really isn't very late in the evening for most people, I have to call it a night--I have to get up at 12:30 a.m. to feed my dog Charlie and give him his insulin.  Glad you found the group--hope you consider yourself one of us and will share tips, projects, questions, etc. with the group.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use