Do we all like hand work

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55
Curryanne Hostetler Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:55 AM

Why no discussions.  I am new to quilting but have always done hand work.  I like how fast machine quilters work but I just love to sit and piece.  Somehow machine piecing makes me feel like work

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 595

I love to do handwork, piecing, quilting, embroidery, whatever. However, I also do "crafts" by machine. The results are different, so my project determines my method. Once upon a time, I chose to do those kinds of sewing only by hand, feeling that hand-sewing produced a better and more personal project. I have learned over time that recipients enjoy whichever I choose to do. Many, many people can neither hand nor machine sew/create and are in awe of those of us who can and do.  Whichever a sewer chooses should be that which gives pleasure to him or her. It should not feel like work!

Susie from Indy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 55

I do love hand work.  Piecing by hand was why I got into quilting.  Would love tips on how to do it better.  Some of directions seem more to the machine quilting, is there tips for hand piecing.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:14 PM

There are other discussions. Only the ones that are newer than two months are shown. If you adjust the sorting and filtering you'll see all past discussions.

The group has been quiet lately but there are many hand piecers here.

I love hand work, piecing,appliqué, embroidery.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use