rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances Posted: Wed, Apr 11 2012 2:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

I do English Paper Piecing which is a form of hand piecing, so do i count and am i allowed to join you all or do i have to spend my days and nights in solitude because so few people do it?

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 2:54 PM

Frances:
so do i count and am i allowed to join you all

Frances, you certainly do count to us and yes you are allowed to join us as well.  Hopefully you will give us some tips and tricks to make it easier to do.  What do you think?

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 3:43 PM

Frances--I love EPP (English Paper Piecing)!  I hope everyone who does their quilts using any hand method will become part of the group.  One of my goals is to have hand piecers and/or quilters post their work here (as well as other places) so that we all get to know each other's work (sometimes when I look at what everyone's doing, I forget if it's hand or machine done--old age perhaps?).  Any time you have tips, tricks, new products, etc. that you can share info on with us, please do!

So, yes, please consider yourself part of the group.  I am starting a list for myself of what everyone does and I will put your name in the EPP column.  There are probably more EPPers out there than you think--we just have to get them to speak up---inquiring minds want to (and have to!) know.

Also, any wanna-be hand piecers and/or quilters------join us, too.  Read about what methods the group members use and if you are interested, ask for tutorials.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,190
Bianca replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 4:17 PM

Frances,

You absolutely count. I like english paper piecing. I started a grandmother's flower garden a few years ago, but never finished because of lack of time. My MIL showed me the one she is working on over the weekend, and got me interessted in mine again. This is such a good way of piecing, I can take it with me to school and work and get some stitches in during break time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:51 PM

Marie:

Frances:
so do i count and am i allowed to join you all

Frances, you certainly do count to us and yes you are allowed to join us as well.  Hopefully you will give us some tips and tricks to make it easier to do.  What do you think?

Thanks Marie,

Not sure i have any tips or tricks to make it easier, i have two on the go, one is Field of Diamonds using florals, and the other one doesnt have a name it has hexagons and small triangles (hexagons in Asian fabrics and the small triangles in Black i will post pictures later i did post some before but i will post some up to date ones, i think some people use a machine to make the hexagons i do it the old fashioned way cutting out bits of paper (dont know if you get this in the states but we get lots of paper advertising through our letter boxes and i find it makes great templates). I normally work on them in my lunch break at work since its a great portable form of sewing.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:56 PM

Bianca:

Frances,

You absolutely count. I like english paper piecing. I started a grandmother's flower garden a few years ago, but never finished because of lack of time. My MIL showed me the one she is working on over the weekend, and got me interessted in mine again. This is such a good way of piecing, I can take it with me to school and work and get some stitches in during break time.

Bianca,

Thank you its not normally lack of time that stops me but as they are slow growing i find that having two different EPP quilts on the go at the same time, means i get a change when i get fed up with one i change to the other, any chance you can get a picture of yours and your MIL EPP gives me great incentive to see others.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:00 PM

Pat,

I just wanted to say a very big thank you to you and the girls for a great welcome, since i quilt on my own and i dont know anyone who quilts i find the groups on QCA are great. (I find my quilting has grown in leaps and bounds since joining QCA.)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:38 PM

Welcome to the group Frances. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:07 AM

Frances--

As you can see, you are far from alone in the EPP world.  Can't wait to see the pics of what you're working on---don't wait until you finish-works in progress are always interesting and it's fun to see projects grow.  Please post them in this group so I'll be sure to see them!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 10:31 AM

Pat M.:

Frances--

As you can see, you are far from alone in the EPP world.  Can't wait to see the pics of what you're working on---don't wait until you finish-works in progress are always interesting and it's fun to see projects grow.  Please post them in this group so I'll be sure to see them!

Pat,

Dont worry if i had to wait to finish to post pictures we would have to wait an eternity.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:12 PM

Frances

You definitely count.  I haven't tried EPP yet but would one day like to do a grandmothers flower garden.   I would also like to do a cathedral window at some point.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:00 PM

Frances--

Glad we won't have to wait that long!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use