A Note from Your "Fearless Leader"

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. Posted: Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:56 AM

Just wanted to touch base with all of you.  I see that Nana, Leslie, Annette and Kris are listed as part of the group.  Are we missing anyone?  Anyone else want to join us?  I have to clean my studio today and spend the rest of the weekend working on purses (a local shop wants to sell them).  I work Monday morning, but I will post again sometime Monday.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 4:16 PM

Hi Pat,

Hand quilting is on my "Bucket List" but I will not be able to join in until I return from my Florida vacation in April.  I will keep reading the posts so I'll know what's going on and then hopefully I could catch up in April.  BTW will you be making house calls with the lessons?  LOL

Marie

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,965
Points 384,097
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 4:24 PM

Hello Pat,

Thanks for taking on the group. There are many more members but only a few have been active on the site as of late. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 4:39 PM

Hi, Marie--

Hope you are enjoying your vacation.  Keep in touch and chime in whenever.  No house calls, but if you are ever in the Ames, IA area-----

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 4:42 PM

Nice to hear from you, Kris.  I hope those who haven't been active lately will find time to share the journey with us.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 590

Hi, Pat!

I have not been on here for a long time, but I am a "member" of this group and hope to find time to be online again soon. I do read postings that come to my email regularly, whether I go to the site or not.

Susie from Indy

Susie from Indy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 8:13 PM

Pat

Thank you so much for taking on this group.  I have really enjoyed taking up hand quilting.  I never thought it would be something that I would ever do...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:48 AM

Susie--

Nice to hear from you.  It's been a long time since I've hand quilted and I had intended to get back to it.  This group will get me going again.  Look foward to hearing your tips, etc. soon.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:57 AM

Nana--

Funny---I have "always" hand quilted and never thought I would machine quilt...never say never.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
Jimsmom replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:05 PM

Hi Handquilters

I have been handquilting for about 5 years.  Started with a group that meets weekly (Washington

Hello Handquilters

Started a note about a minute ago and lost it.  Am a little computter challenged.  I quilt with a group weekly (Ft. Calhoun Quilters) in a very small town in NE.  Have been following your discussion and finally got enough courage to join.  Don't be afraid to hand quilt.  I quilted at least a year before I pieced a top.

LOL Linda D

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 3:01 PM

Glad to see some additional names on here.  I am starting a new topic--check it out and add your thoughts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,251
Points 253,969
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 8:57 AM

Pat ,I had joined this group some time ago ,but never saw much going on so I left,  I'm back gonna give it a try again, I am hand piecing my Dear Jane  quilt and have not worked on it for awhile .Hope to get back to it after  the VB retreat, I am also working on my first  needle turn applique project ,Wildflowers. I'm also in the Applique group . Good to see this groupo coming back to life.  I have never hand quilted a quilt so that is one thing I'd like to try soon. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:11 AM

Barbara--

We are now the "Hand Piecing &/or Hand Quilting Group".  I would like to know what method of hand piecing you use--I put a question out to the group on Friday.  Hope you will check it out and add your comments there.  Glad to hear from you and looking forward to your input over at "Hand Piecing &/or Hand Quilting" soon!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use