Japanese Lady

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 145
Shirley Deasy Posted: Fri, Oct 23 2009 4:11 AM

I just loaded a few pictures of my Japanese Lady Quilt.

Loved the big print but then had to figure out what to do with her. I got the quilt from Linda Potters book on quilt embelishing. Hope you can see some of the detail.

Shirley Deasy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,190
Bianca replied on Fri, Oct 23 2009 7:04 AM

Shirley,

It looks great!!! That is a gorgeous quilt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Dear Shirley,

It's gorgeous! When I click on the photos and zoom in I can see all of your stitchwork. I love the fan patterns and the basket weave! Beautiful handwork. Thanks for sharing!

QCA Liz s.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,559
Points 246,077
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:18 AM

I just posted a reply to you about your beautiful work - somehow clicked over to another page - so anyway - I wanted to tell you how in awe I am of your hand quilting skills.

I so wish my hands would allow me to hand piece still - I have plans of doing one more quilt - hand pieced and hand quilted if it kills me... I hope it doesn't - I do know it will take me a long time so my instant gratifictions needs will have to come from machine piecing - in-between the hand piecing.

Your quilt is beautiful - so so beautiful - I thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!  A great start to my 1st Sunday in November of 2009.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 145

Thank  you so much. It was very fun to figure out what I would do in each section.

Shriley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 145

Thanks Liz. Appreciate you looking at it and your thoughts on the stitching.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use